Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-30-2005, 09:21 AM

Default RE: What is the biggest problem you face?

Changing wind direction.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

First and foremost - finding a spot to go. Unless you've got connetions or big $ in this area, you're about out of luck.

After that my biggest problem is trespassers on the land I currently do have permission to hunt on. From people walking their dogs to four wheelers to bird watchers, or just some random moron taking his truck through the field, it's a never-ending battle to keep my spot free of people long enough to pattern or get close to deer.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that my biggest problem is setting still in the tree. I just can't seem to stop figiting.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:11 AM

Getting time from the Military to hunt like I know I can.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

finding the right tree. I'll stand between several good trees for as much as a half hour weighing the pros and cons. it is ridiculous at times. thank god I have a pretty good notion about which one is better. I have shot many deer this way, often on the first time there. I have picked trees based on post season activity and sign, only to say, 'no' and choose another tree for whatever reason.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Enough room in the freezer.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

I think finding enough ground to hunt on causes my biggest problem:

Burning out a stand

Believe me, I have many obstacles to overcome, but like most, having quality ground to hunt on is a big one. What little ground I have to hunt on (very thankful I have any) is shared among too many hunters. Once I find that rare spot that "works", I just love hunting too much not to go out and sit in my stand.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:12 PM

HNIJustin - Wow. Isn't it something how different it is from state to state ? I have tens of thousands of acres within 30 minutes of my home to hunt, never would I even think about plaicng a place to hunt as a "problem" or trespassers.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't it something how different it is from state to state ?
Why yes it is there data!
My biggest problem is actually hunting a new area. I scout and scout and find great sign and perfect trees but to actually hunt that tree is so difficult! I always feel I might miss the big one in my favorite tree!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually put up 5 stands where i hunt. When I am hunting it seems like I always find myself thinking I should have went to one of my other spots. I always stay at my first pick though so I don,t mess up my area moving at prime time.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.