Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "There is MORE to a trophy: Than the SIZE of the Rack."

Anybody should be honored to harvest a deer, be it button buck or 150'' ten point. The day i look down a scope or thru a peep and don't consider that animal standing there a trophy- is the day i hang it up for good.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was a very young any deer to me would have been concidered a trophy if I were lucky enuff to take it. So why should that same deer be any less of a trophy today?
Number of kills? Size of animal? I assure you just because I let younger bucks walk today does by no mean makes him any less of a trophy to me. Why because hidden in that small young deer frame stands a mature buck in a few more yrs. And that is the standerds on which I have set for myself.
What ever you concider to be a trophy is your personal opion. whether it be for the hunting experiece or the memory of the hunt or the size of the animal? or maby just the meat? ect. There is lots more to being a trophy than just the size of the horns...rta47
Old 03-30-2005, 03:30 PM

The 190" buck is not a trophy. The lawyer wasn't even hunting, he was killing. The little girls buck is trophy. That is what hunting is all about.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well to me it's a cold beer on a hot summer day after a long cold winter with fried taters and grilled venison. My kids fat from the deer burgers and playing in the pool. My wife happy. I think back on the hunt and all is right with the world.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

One simple statement......A trophy is in the eyes of the beholder. NUFF SAID!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:06 PM

One is 'trophy class' the other is a trophy.

Don
Old 03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

the lil girl would have my vote....the businessman is missin' soooooooooo much of the hunt which is sad but to each their own.

i shot a 10pt this year...he's hangin' above the mantle...i'm thrilled with him but my first and only 8pt is my favorite by far....when i realized that i was kinda dumbfounded cause i thought in all reality i should be happier with my 10pt. but the 8pt (even though it's not a monster by any means) is the one that just says it all....i had busted my butt for 8yrs tryin' to get an 8pt...dreamed about it all the time....FINALLY it happened and it couldn't have been more perfect...but i also think that any critter you kill is a trophy as long as you've earned it and were ethical about it.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

One is 'trophy class' the other is a trophy.
Sums it up nicely!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:23 PM

Give me the 190 tied to a tree with a bell on his neck......................

I will make up the rest

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.