Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow fletching

Old 03-29-2005, 05:13 PM

Default arrow fletching

Just trying to find some info on fletching arrows. I have all ways just bought my arrows fletched but now I have a pile of good arrows with destroyed fletches thanks to my new switchback. So any info on tools needed, costs, and how to's would greatly be appreciated thanks.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:53 PM

Default RE: arrow fletching

Good, sharp fletching stripper, glue, the fletching of your choice, and a fletching jig. Unless you get a jig with the same offset or helical, you may need to re-fletch the whole arrow. You may get lucky and be able to put the new fletch in the same spot, and won't have to do all 3. I bought a Grayling fletching jig, about 30 bucks, a tube of fletch tight, about 5 bucks, fletching, and I use a commercially availabe stripper to strip the old fletch off. Fairly inexpensive, and fun to do. Strip off the old feather, taking time to get all of the glue off, clean with alcohol, and glue on the new feather. Pretty simple, if you get the clamp set right. The Grayling isn't the best jig on the market, but, for me, since I do so few arrows, it is perfect. Good luck, and have fun.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used feathers for some time but I've been setting up a new bow and am getting some paper tune results that I don't care for and was thinking my foc was off. I was right. Looks like I'll be using vanes on what I have from now on.

Check it out.
http://www.goldtip.com/calculators/foc.asp
Old 03-29-2005, 11:22 PM

Check out the down load on Easton's website. It covers just about everything you might need to know about fletching your own.

www.eastonarchery.com

I think it is called 'Tuning Guide'.