Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

redline cam or the command cam???

Old 03-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default redline cam or the command cam???

I'm looking at two older hoyts for my dad, one is a striker II with a redline cam, and an original striker with a command cam. which one do you guys feel is the best? thanks for the input.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: redline cam or the command cam???

I have one with the Redline cam and like it a great deal. It's a nice bow, fairly fast and quiet. I have had it for a while now and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot the Striker II! It has the redline cam and never had a problem with it except for a minor string problem that was easily solved by changing it! This bow sure has some zip to it, and will put the smackdown!!!! Good luck!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

I have one with the Redline cam and like it a great deal. It's a nice bow, fairly fast and quiet. I have had it for a while now and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

I haven't been around here long but long enough to see you have quit a colection. I've been interested in the wishper creek bows. You wouldn't happen to have any of those would you?
Old 03-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

I've owned two Hoyt bows with the Command Cam and another with the Redline Cam that you mentioned. My fav would have to be the Redline. Both were very smooth, but the Redline has a much better wall with all the power you could want in a easy to keep in tune package.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I too have an older Hoyt with a redline cam. It is honestly as fast as many new bows, in the 250's actual chrono speed. Shoots good, quiet, and fast. What more could you want? Never had a deer jump out of the way.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, thanks for all the input. From the sounds of it, we have a consensus that the redline is a good cam. I actually purchased the Striker II with the redline cam last night. I paid 150$ shipped, and the bow is in great condition. I hope everything works out with it. Thanks again everyone.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

nodog, I do seem to a have a few bows laying around, LOL. Nothing on the Whisper creek line though. To be honest since picking up my first Darton 3 years ago, they have become my all time favorite.