Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Farsightedness (Holographic sight)

Old 03-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Spike

Default Farsightedness (Holographic sight)

There was a thread awhile back about this but I can't seem to find it. I don't believe the Holographic sight was mentioned in this thread.

My problem is, when looking at my fiber optic sight pins through the peep sight, I usually see 2 dots side by side or an oval shaped dot which is much bigger than the actual dot itself. This affects accuracy but not to the point of affecting my hunting abilities yet.

I was just wondering if anyone has used this sight (Holographic), especially those of you that are farsighted like me. I know it is pricey but I don't know of any other alternatives, do You? Also, is this sight legal in PA?
Old 03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Farsightedness (Holographic sight)

Not sure what it is. Do you have a link?
Old 03-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Spike

Cabelas had them in their 2004 archery catalog, but I couldn't find them on their website now. They must have quit handling them. Here are some links I just found them on.

[link]http://www.biggameproshop.com/holographic-bow-sights.htm[/link]

[link]http://archeryworld.com/bows/testtune/eotech.nmpl[/link]
Old 03-13-2005, 08:45 PM
dws

One alternative would be a red dot scope. I think Cabelas sells a setup for bows. Red dots are fairly cheap and work very well for hunting on slug guns. But holographic sights are awsome but you have to shell out some big bucks to get any quality at all, I never seen them on a bow, but I've got them on a rifle for tactical matches at the club.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that I would find it difficult to adjust the sight as a deer is approaching the stand. I mean, if he stays at thirty yards and then decides to move to 10 you have to adjust it without being seen. I shoot league with some guys that actually shoot with lenses in their peep sites that magnify or clarify the sites. I have never shot with one and don't know how it would work but it seems like an easy and cheap fix that's at least worth giving a shot. Here is a link wit a bunch of different peep sites including a couple of "clarifying" peeps that are soley intended for clarifying your sites. They sound like just what you may need.

http://www.thebowman.com/mall/cat_peep.asp
Old 03-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Spike

I'm not sure whether you have to adjust holographic sights or not. After checking out the site you listed I went to some other sites and found something interesting. It is called a Verifier Site.. Sounds like it might work but you know how that goes. I enclosed the link in case you might like to check it out. On that page you can click on another page to read more about it.

[link]http://www.specialtyarch.com/verifier.htm[/link]