Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do it yourself arrow spinner

Old 03-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Default do it yourself arrow spinner

Made my own arrow spinner today. Folks, I gotta tell ya, it is crude....and I mean CRUDE, but, it works great. Took a piece of 1/4 inch plywood, milled a slot in it, screwed an identical piece to the bottom of it, laid 2 ball bearing in each slot, and screwed the entire thing to 2 four inch pieces of 2 x 4..... like I said, crude...but, it spins great. I guess the moral of this story is this, it doesn't have to look good to work good. Don't be afraid to try something, it might just work.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 PM

Default RE: do it yourself arrow spinner

Tools don't need to be complex to be efficient. Good thinking about your homemade spinner. How much did you spend?

I made a spinner a few years ago using four marbles and an 18" piece of 2x2 hardwood. Just drilled two side-by-side shallow holes at each end and hot glued the marbles into the holes so that a little more than half a globe was exposed. With just a bit of hand pressure on the shaft, arrows spun well when nestled between the two slick glass marbles.

Keep on thinking and building.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:27 AM

Congrats on your homemade spinner! I made my own too and it works great. It doesn't take much money to build a fairly good one. Here's a pic of mine.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

That look's pretty good ,I might just try it myself.

nubo
Old 03-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Carwi, what are those white rollers screwed to the joist holders. Nice photo.

Bet your wife gets mad having to vacum around it.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Carwi, that looks like 2 - 2x4 joist hangers and some drawer roller guides (or guides off a pocket door). Good job.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

i read that some use 2 nails on each end of a board nailed in the board in a "x" i guess that seems to work for the ultimate cheap but works fine solution.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Carwi, that looks like 2 - 2x4 joist hangers and some drawer roller guides (or guides off a pocket door). Good job.

Yea man you hit the nail on the head. Easy to make and workes real well. The wife does get a little upset when I photo the floor! Too many dust bunnies in my house!!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Carwi. Not exactly the same but it works. Did you take your wheels off and screw directly into the bushings?

Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great work.

I love reading about this kind of stuff, although I usually don't see it until AFTER I've bought one at retail.

Quick Reply: do it yourself arrow spinner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.