Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Deer Classic Pics

Old 03-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Illinois Deer Classic Pics

IL_Cornfed, nice pictures! I had bad timing on my photo taking.. I waited until Sunday around noon. I tried weaseling my way through everbody to get better pics.. but dang.. that was quite a crowd.. and everybody is so dang tall! (I'm not short... they're tall)

GSPsnFORDs, Congrats on your friends deer awards. There was some really great taxidermy work there... and some pretty bad work too. I'm sure you noticed that too.

"I think I will get my next deer done like this." Psst.. Lance, you have to kill a buck before you can have it taxidermied. heh heh heh...
Old 03-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GSPsnFORDs

I learned that my friend won 3rd in the state in professional mounts for one of the mounts he did on a 9 pt. head. I actually haven't seen that mount but saw a few previous others and I know a good mount when I see it, and he know what he's doing. He's been doing taxidermy since high school and I've seen all of his work but that past 2 mounts he's done have been incredible!!
What is your friends name??? I actually have 2 of THE premier whitetail taxidermists in the State/World in my area and wonder how your "friends" mounts might compare? Locie Murphy from Bushnell and Dave Emken from Yates City are both State, National, and World Champions and both have been comissioned to do several of the most legendary whitetails in history. Locie has also been commisioned for several skulptures including the stunning Bronzes of Hole-in-the-Horn and the Jordan Buck from the Legendary Whitetail Collection. These guys are truly talented/gifted artists and there work is simply awesome! It's very nice to have the option of getting a mount done that you KNOW will look alive on your wall! Come up with some pics, I'm very curious to see his work. Also what is his name and what are his standard rates, I'm curious? Congrats to him
Old 03-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AmanitaVerna

IL_Cornfed, nice pictures! I had bad timing on my photo taking.. I waited until Sunday around noon. I tried weaseling my way through everbody to get better pics.. but dang.. that was quite a crowd.. and everybody is so dang tall! (I'm not short... they're tall)
Thanks, I was there pretty much all day Saturday and took something like 300 pics. I spent all that time looking for my free HUNTINGNET hat, shirt, mousepad, etc..... ANYTHING...... but I never found them??? [&:] I should have went Sunday so I could have ran into you folks?