Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Statement!

Old 03-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Statement!

As long as I don't have to hunt gators I'm cool with that.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe to get back on subject I'll add my fifty cent.

I've been on both sides of the fence,bow hunted and rifled hunted.It's a rush to draw back on a buck with a bow.It takes alot more then rifle hunting.You have to really cover your scent trail and pay attention to wind direction.Scouting pays off to get a deer close enough to draw back on.In rifle you can go ahead and use your winke do do your business.Bowhunting heeds closer attention to this problem.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow hunters,
I have always been a Shotgun and Rifle hunter!
When I was young, I always seeked out bow hunters to ask hunting questions.
In my personal OPINION I think bow hunters are more Skillful than other hunters,
for the movements and range you have to shoot.I have learned more about deer
hunting from bow hunters than other hunters.
Keep up your skills, you deserve them!!!

From an OLD hunter that learned alot from all of you!!!.......Thanks again!!!
Thanks for the complement Rebel Hog. I hunted for 5 or 6 years with a gun but it was when I got into bowhunting that I was able to harvest my first deer, a 9 point buck. That was many years and deer ago. I still rifle hunt and muzzleloader hunt but bow hunting is my favorite.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:53 PM

What the hell is wrong with you people? Im a 16 year old and where Im from thats disrespect. As far as Im concerned he was being sarcastic about the gatorbait thing. And you my friend can pm me and maybe we can settle this.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: WVCritterGitter

Bow hunters,
I have always been a Shotgun and Rifle hunter!
When I was young, I always seeked out bow hunters to ask hunting questions.
In my personal OPINION I think bow hunters are more Skillful than other hunters,
for the movements and range you have to shoot.I have learned more about deer
hunting from bow hunters than other hunters.
Keep up your skills, you deserve them!!!

From an OLD hunter that learned alot from all of you!!!.......Thanks again!!!
Thanks for the complement Rebel Hog. I hunted for 5 or 6 years with a gun but it was when I got into bowhunting that I was able to harvest my first deer, a 9 point buck. That was many years and deer ago. I still rifle hunt and muzzleloader hunt but bow hunting is my favorite.

You're Welcome, WV...
Old 03-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jones123

I'm with rebelhog, and that's why I did take up a bow. Next fall will be my first bowhunt.

Before, I thought rifles were more humane, so I did not have a high opinion of bowhunting. Was never against it, just not a fan. What I have seen, though, is we make the choice between good and bad shots with any weapon, and certain hunters push the limits of whatever they shoot.

Plus, it extends my season. In case I'm lousy with the bow, my guns will be sighted in.

Thank You, jones...
Old 03-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

MR. rebel!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOU SURF FISHING AND USE YOUR LIMPY AS BAIT, BUT I AM NOT SURE EVEN A CRAB WOULD WANT ANYTHING TO WITH THAT WRINKLED OLD THING!!!!!!! IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT THEN P.M. ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND WE CAN HANDLE THIS LIKE MEN
lol yea this thread deffinatly took a wrong turn somewhere didnt it? yea thanks rebel for your kindness of words , im thinkin of not using gun this year and just go all out bowhunting.........and yea everyone should just chill out lol it all started from a simple joke[8D]

You're Welcome.....bw...
Old 03-06-2005, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: PSE jake

What the hell is wrong with you people? Im a 16 year old and where Im from thats disrespect. As far as Im concerned he was being sarcastic about the gatorbait thing. And you my friend can pm me and maybe we can settle this.
What is wrong with you? How do know I wasn't being sarcastic about my post, which I was?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

MR. rebel!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOU SURF FISHING AND USE YOUR LIMPY AS BAIT, BUT I AM NOT SURE EVEN A CRAB WOULD WANT ANYTHING TO WITH THAT WRINKLED OLD THING!!!!!!! IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT THEN P.M. ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND WE CAN HANDLE THIS LIKE MEN
No need to bring your daddy into this boy! Go outside and practice falling down for another 10 - 15 years then ya can meet Rebel for some lessons on manners!

Rebel ,

Thanks!!! I must say I've also learned my share of hunting/life lessons from you ol' timers.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

elkcrazedfrk
Thanks rebel hog Your right bowhunting is far more challenging than rifle hunting..On the other side of the coin you see alot more critters in the woods. When I rifle hunted elk i would see the first bull and shoot it..Hunts over..With archery I see and get really close to lots of bulls. Its getting a good shot thats tough..But to me thats the trade off. I would rather spend 20 days in the woods close to elk and never have a shot than to spend 1 morning and go home with elk meat..
I agree 110% elkcrazedfrk

Now about all the other comments........

HOLY CRAP everyone just needs to take a deep breath and play nice. I would be willing to bet that many of the statements here would not be said face to face. I have bow hunted for the past 15 years, with a lot of those years I was able to rifle hunt too. In the past in Idaho most of the units you could hunt any elk with a bow and if you were not successful then they offered a late season black powder or rifle cow only hunt. I admit that most years I tried to hold out for a big bull with my bow and then filled my tag with a rifle later in the year. I was successful killing bulls from time to time with my bow, and did kill a nice 6x6 bull in 1998. But since that year I don't care how big it is, or even if its a cow elk, as long as its a bow kill elk is all that matters. I still try for the big boys but I just divide my time in half, with the first half of my bow hunt only going for a big bull and the second half of my hunt shooting for any elk that gives me a good shot under 20 yards. Its a lot more enjoyable and satisfing (pure rush) than a rifle kill. Last year I did give up bow hunting to go rifle hunting and while I totaly loved hunting with my inlaws, I missed the day to day excitment of bowhunting. I did kill a 5x5 bull with my rifle at 70 yards, and I can give the credid of the kill to the knowleded that I learned with a bow. Now with all that said I don't put down rifle hunters at all, and to say one style of hunting is better than the other is wrong in my opinion.

P.S. Remember Bowhunters that right now the anti's are gunning for us, and we need every sportsmans/hunters support and vote. I don't care if they rifle hunt, muzzle loader hunt or just shoot shotguns at waterfoul. If they don't hunt at all but are sportsman who like guns and shoot clay pigeons and paper targets we need their vote and support! Posts like this could influence them to just sit on their butt and do nothing to help us! Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Hunting Statement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.