Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Parker vs Mathews bows

Old 02-24-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Parker vs Mathews bows

Are parker bows any good? I really don't know much about them, but like the looks of them. I am leaning towards the Mathews switch back or out back, but just wanted to check out a phoenix bow before I buy.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:07 AM

Default RE: Parker vs Mathews bows

Mathews LX way better than a Parker Ultra Light, but thats just me.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:35 AM

Go try them all, that is the only way you will figure out what one you like. Who cares what anyone one else says it is supposed to be for you and you really need to shoot something you are comfortable with. When i went to pick out my bow this year i shot the Bowtech, hoyt and the mathews. Bowtech was awesome, hoyt sucked, and between the mathews switchback and the outback, the switchback did it for me so that is what i bought. Parker does make very nice bows, but i have never shot one. I have just witnessed people who shoot them.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

At least Parker puts their limbs on the riser square. Mathews likes to attach their limb pockets to one side and leave it hanging off the other side of the riser.

Parker makes an excelent bow and it won't break the bank either. They also have the best customer service people working for them.

The only thing about Parkers I don't like is the rubber grip they are coming with now. But the Mathews grip isn't any better and is quite torquey, although it is wood.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

drh1175
To answer your question YES Parker Bows are Good Bows.
The Outback is also a Good Bow, and the Switchbacks are selling like wildfire around here.......... The LX is a very popular bow.
The Parker Ultra Lite 35 has a 7' brace height with a IBO Speed of 300fps and a bow mass weight of 3.1lbs... and the LX has a 6 5/8th brace height with an IBO Speed of 315fps and a mass weight of 4.25lbs.
I can tell you a combination of a properly tuned bow and arrow with a excellent archer shooting it can make for a formadable combination... be it if they are shooting a Outback or a Phoenix.
I have beaten many a Mathews Bows at 3D Tounament Competions with my Parker's ... and Vise Versa, it really comes down to the archer behind the properly tuned bow and arrow.
Try shooting the Phoenix 34 . I have one and am very impressed with the bow and how quiet it is, smooth drawing and very accurate, and a breeze to tune. A awesome bow to bowhunt with. I spent this entire past season hunting with the Phoenix 34 , takeing a Turkey, Possum , 8 point buck and a 160 lb Doe.
Try shooting a Phoenix 34 and see what you think, and try shooting the Outback and the Switchback......... What works best for another person may not be the bow that works best for you,you will find the bow that works best for you , be it what ever brand it is you just need to find what works best for you...... But I Still Hope You Choose The Parker Phoenix[8D] Sometimes I just cant Help Myself
Old 02-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Plain and simple they are both good bows. Shoot em up and see which one you like the best. I've owned both and they're both good shooters. I had the Parker Hunter Mag last year and now I have the Mathews Switchback. No way to tell till you try them.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 PM

check out my signature...nuf said. Oh and a walnut grip is available for almost any bow parker makes for only $20. I just recieved mine and it is a huge improvment over the rubber grip. Parker customer support is top notch, and I think that has been stated many times.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Just purchased a Parker Pheonix 32, and luv it! Shot the Switchback, Vtec and they were sweet. My last bow was an Xtec before someone thought they needed it more than myself. Shoot as many as you can be happy with your choice, no second guesses!