Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More of an excuse to go hunting for deer...

Old 02-18-2005, 07:12 AM

Default More of an excuse to go hunting for deer...

Yep, I was driving to school yesterday and happened to see a deer making her way over the road, with no time to stop. I slam on the brakes because I'm only 17 and insurance can murder a teen- so I as I watch the doe hit the right front corner of my car, the driver-side window explodes and I'm hit in the face with another deer's head[]. I finally come to a complete stop to see two deer running off, one from the front corner, and one ran from behind me. I had actually hit one deer and 2 hit me[:-]. One for the front right quarter panel, one died hitting my door, and one hit the back quarter panel. I had deer fur in my hair, no joke. I'm lucky the malibu had all metal doors and panels, or that doe would've nailed me so hard I wouldn't have walked away. Oh, and this happend only 1 mile from my house.
Now for all of those people out there who think it is just WRONG to shoot a deer, scr*w ya[:@], I have it out for deer now more than ever. This makes the 9th deer in 26 months that our vehicles have demolished! On the same stretch of road! Over $15,000 in damage to all of the vehicles previous. So now I have more of an excuse to shoot those vermin!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:24 AM

Default RE: More of an excuse to go hunting for deer...

is there any land for sale around there?
Old 02-18-2005, 07:28 AM

is there any land for sale around there?
My thoughts exactly!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

count me in, and i really dont consider them vermin, i consider them table fair!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much do your parents want to rent a room in thier house?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:24 AM

I was out looking for sheds last weekend on a 40ac. parcel of ground and found 5 dead deer. 4 of them were laying within 100 yards of a paved road that sees only moderate traffic. It made me wonder just how many deer that do get hit by vehicles and run off actually die a short time later. I bet for every dead deer laying next to the road you can see, theres 4-5 more car-killed ones you can't.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:50 AM

Are you looking to lease some land old buddy?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I bet for every dead deer laying next to the road you can see, theres 4-5 more car-killed ones you can't

I would have to agree.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:47 AM

Umm, put me in the pot for some hunting time as well.... LOL, You have that many deer running around I am sure there are several folks that would love to come help you cull a few out of the area.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, from the sounds of it you could start a hunting lease out there. That would pay for your damaged vehicles real quick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.