Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Up to standards or your own fault/

Old 02-17-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Up to standards or your own fault/

I'm sure I dont understand this because I'm new to bowhunting and still have alot to learn. But I hear alot of guys on this forum, when they get a new bow, that they will try it out to see if they like it or not and to see if it meets their standards. I guess I wonder how do you REALLY know if you have gotten a good shooten bow? I mean, say you got a bow (doesnt matter what kind) that in real life wasnt known to be a great shooting bow but you yourself are an excellent shot and you end up shooting very well with it, is it now a really good bow or did you just make look like a good bow by shooting well. The same could be said by, for instance if I myself were to purchase a "top of the line quality bow", in my hands it would not look like a good shooten bow becasue I'm not a great shooter. I guess what I'm trying to get to is, does TRUELY ,good, accurate shooting come more from the bow or from the person thats holding the bow. I know this may sound stupid to alot of ya'll but I was just in deep thought.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Up to standards or your own fault/

Bows don't shoot. People shoot. Practice with any bow that's properly tuned and fitted to you and success will follow.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:51 PM

I am sure Len could help you out with that one
Old 02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very few shooters will ever be able to squeeze all of the potential out of their bow. If you took most of the bows produced today and put them in a hooter shooter and shot the same arrow in controlled conditions you would most likely pull the arrow out of the same hole. With that being said, a great shooter could make a lower end bow shoot great and a poor shooter would most likely not be able to shoot a top end bow very well. There are features that some people find more important (i.e. grip size, speed, draw cycle, quietness, etc.) and there are varying degrees of brand loyalty. What it boils down to is shoot what feels good to you and get as good as you can with it.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Very few shooters will ever be able to squeeze all of the potential out of their bow. If you took most of the bows produced today and put them in a hooter shooter and shot the same arrow in controlled conditions you would most likely pull the arrow out of the same hole. With that being said, a great shooter could make a lower end bow shoot great and a poor shooter would most likely not be able to shoot a top end bow very well. There are features that some people find more important (i.e. grip size, speed, draw cycle, quietness, etc.) and there are varying degrees of brand loyalty. What it boils down to is shoot what feels good to you and get as good as you can with it.
That about sums it up!
I Could not have sead it any better[8D]