Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HUGE PROBLEM

Old 02-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HUGE PROBLEM

Sounds like you got some good advice. Buy the bow you want and keep things friendly with your boss. If he continues to give you a hard time let him know it bothers you. If he is a true friend he'll stop and let you shoot what you want if he doesn't then you know he wasn't much of a friend to begin with. Leave it at that and keep him as a reference and nothing more.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

It was real eazy for me to figer this one out. I lived in mo and worked at a bow shop. He allso wanted me to shoot the brand he was selling. I allso wanted a brand he did not have.

The outcome was an eazy one.The owner GAVE me a bow from his shop. I used it any time I did his shoots or in the shop.I hunted with my brand.I never had to lie to the patrans,I could look them in the face and say YEP I shoot a hoyt
Old 02-16-2005, 01:27 PM

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm just not even going to tell him that i bought a bow unless he asks me. I am definately going to buy the Mathews, it was just much more comfortable.

Thanks again,
Kyle
Old 02-16-2005, 01:30 PM

go buy the mathews and shoot it at your house and dont tell him about it
Old 02-16-2005, 01:40 PM

I think you know the answer.

Buy the one you want to and don't give it a second thought. If he is any kind of "friend" he would give you a little razzing about it but end it there. If he gets seriously upset by it than chalk it up to one of life's many lessons.

Someone mentioned it earlier. If he wants you to shoot his brand so bad tell him to give it to you.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

I say buy what you want so you are not wishing you would have got it. I always wanted a Mathews, but opted for cheaper bows and any time I wasn't shooting good I always blamed the equiptment (which probably wasn't the case). I finally bought my Mathews after a few bows and con honestly say I love it and never blame anything on it and we've been together for about four years. Mentally I think I have a great bow that I like and want so I am never second guessing myself on errant shots, now I always say operator error.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:00 PM

Wow, I would buy the bow and find a new job.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:11 PM

I was in a similar position. I am close to the Reflex Dealer near me and was looking forward to the 2005 line coming out to buy a new bow. I shot the Mathews and Hoyt. I liked them alot. Then I shot the Bowtech Allegiance. BAM what do I do? Do I buy the bow I love or buy a bow to make my friend happy? Well long story short, I bought the Allegiance. I have to be happy with the bow I shoot not my friend. Get what is best for YOU!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:17 PM

You're leaving the shop, so buy the Mathews. If he won't let you shoot in the shop as a customer with the Mathews after you are no longer an employee, find a new shop and don't go back. I worked for High Country in the late 80's and would go to the local Martin shop to shoot indoors because they were open later. Even though we had a friendly rivalry going the owner never said I couldn't shoot there or berrated me or the equipment I chose. We did the same at the shop I was at, shoot what you want, maybe we could sell you an accessory.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Grow a set, grab him by the collar and slap him from right to left about 6 times. If he looks aplogetic let him be. If he smiles at you run like hell! Either way buy the Mathews.

Quick Reply: HUGE PROBLEM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.