Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey guys new to bow hunting.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hey guys new to bow hunting.

Well i just wanted to say yea i been around the forum but never really posted anything in the bow hunting forum. Im looking into getting me a bow. I have never owned a bow never shot a bow and best of all i have never been hunting by myself yet until this season coming up which will be my first season. I am going to bass pro and im a bit confused.Which brands are a good brand for a beginner to look into. I want to test some but do not know where I should start. Any tips and advice i would really appreciate it. Thank you
Old 02-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Default RE: Hey guys new to bow hunting.

Go to your local Pro Shop and have them fit you with a bow that is right for you.

Forums | HELP | RULES | Register | Login | My Profile
Gallery | Member List | Search | Lost Password | Log Out
Chat | Classifieds | Hunt Swap | Contact Admin
ACTIVE TOPICS | InBox
Old 02-14-2005, 07:25 PM

I would suggest a bow around $300. PSE's are good bows for a beginner.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:26 PM

Now days, just about all bow companies make a quality bow, and being a beginner you probably dont want to spend a fortune. I d try to find a local archery shop, because they will usually let you shoot a bow that your interested in, and are usually better at setting them up to fit you right. Shoot as many different ones as you can, and find what you can afford, but most of all, get something that fits you, and is comfortable for you to shoot. In my opinion, for a beginner bow, PSE makes several models that wont break the bank, and they do have good warranty, and customer service. You may also look into Browning as they also make some good entry level bows. Heck if you can affford it, oyu could sheck out Bowtechs and Mathews bows. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:27 PM

Don't get him started on Mathew's![:'(]
Old 02-14-2005, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

Shoot, you're the one that said PSE, that's just as bad!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:13 PM

True as it may be, PSE does make a good beginner bow as well as a nice top of the line bow.

I would stay away from Mathews, bowtech, hoyt as a beginner because you may not like the sport of archery and dumping $1000 in a complete set up.

Start out with a good bow around $300-400 and work your way from there.

Good luck
Old 02-14-2005, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

True as it may be, PSE does make a good beginner bow as well as a nice top of the line bow.

I would stay away from Mathews, bowtech, hoyt as a beginner because you may not like the sport of archery and dumping $1000 in a complete set up.

Start out with a good bow around $300-400 and work your way from there.

Good luck
Oh I know, I just like giving Zak crap about his old bow. PSE is a great bow for a beginner.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: zak123

Play nicely Dan, there is nothing wrong with a PSE. I do agree with going to your local pro shop. The money you save at Bass Pro is not nearly worth the agrivation and time wasted from bad habit that arise from an imporperly fitted bow. Spend a couple of extre bucks to get fitted right and off on the right foot. It's most important now to develope good form and habits and that is tough with a bow that dosn't fit properly.

Welcome to the forum and to bow hunting!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:27 AM

Newhunter - find an archery shop that has trained professionals that are willing to help you in your quest. There are a lot of good bows out there. A good option may to be look into a used bow. You might be able to get a little more bow for less money.

Everyone else - jesus, the kid is asking for help and all you can do is argue?? What gives?

Quick Reply: Hey guys new to bow hunting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.