Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the trade-in value of my 2004 Darton Typhoon

Old 02-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is the trade-in value of my 2004 Darton Typhoon

aI have a 2004 Darton Typhoon that is in great shape. With all of this talk about new bows, I am wondering what my bow would be worth? I will be going to my local archery store next weekend to help a friend pick out a new bow. He has never shot a bow before? I am affraid if I shoot a new bow I will buy one.
My Darton Typhoon looks new. The only thing I have changed is the string. I put a winners choice on it and saved the old string as my spare. What would be a far trade-in price for a bare bow on a new Switchback or V-tec???

Thanks,

Wolf Killer
Old 02-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the trade-in value of my 2004 Darton Typhoon

Wolf killer, to start off I have no idea what your bow goes for used. But I doubt you'll get more than 70% of what you paid for it new, plus what you have spent on it upgrading it. I have never heard of any pro-shop taking a trade in on a used bow. Not saying it hasn't been done before but if it has its not very common and I haven't heard of it. Anyway if you want to sell it, most likley they will put it on consignment for you and when its sold they will put the money towards a new bow of your choosing. If I was looking to sell a bow though I would put it on E-Bay and with far more people looking it should fetch a better price. Also you could try to sell it here in our classifieds in the archery section. One other thing to consider is do you have a good back up bow right now? If you don't just keep your Darton and if and when you buy new, you will have two bows ready for hunting! Thats always a good feeling when you are several hours or days away from a archery shop. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]