Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Like Father, Like Son!

Old 02-07-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Like Father, Like Son!

After fighting with tuning my Switchback, I sold it and bought a new Hoyt Ultratec - the demo was easy to tune and felt rock solid. With the SB, I continually got left tears while paper tuning and regardless of what I did, could not get the tears out. I know it was me causing the issue but surprisingly, the Hoyt I shot tuned immediately. The SB is the first bow I had ever had where I could not get it to tune.

Here is where the father/son part comes in. My 9 year old son was in the shop with me and saw the Hoyt Rintec which looks just like the Ultratec - guess what he wants now! Most likely he will get it - I think its cute. Since he will be shooting competition with me this year (youth bracket), it would be kind of cool.... Shown below (on the left) is the Rintec, on the right is the Ultratec.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Like Father, Like Son!

I have 3 kids right around your son's age that I would like to get bows for. I'm sure they are nice bows. You think there good for a nine year old? What's the cost of one? Been looking on ebay for awhile but haven't found any I wanted to buy.

You know you just stepped on some toes here.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Like Father, Like Son!

ORIGINAL: nodog

I have 3 kids right around your son's age that I would like to get bows for. I'm sure they are nice bows. You think there good for a nine year old? What's the cost of one? Been looking on ebay for awhile but haven't found any I wanted to buy.

You know you just stepped on some toes here.
Sorry about the toes!!!!

The bows come in various draw weight settings - for instance, the one I am ordering for my son is a 30# model which can be turned down to 20#. There is a total of 8" of adjustment in the draw length. Cost: $300+/-.

He has a PSE bow (Spyder) which is OK but he would like something like Dad! I will most likely sell that bow on e-bay for about $125 with the sight and rest (and arrows). New package was $280.