Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2005 Summit X5 stands

Old 02-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2005 Summit X5 stands

I was just at the Eastern Sports show yesterday in Harrisburg Pa and got a chance to thoroughly look over the new Summit stands. They eliminated the Cobra X4 and replaced it with the Razor X4. This stand also has a folding climbing bar, but it works differently. Instead of folding over head like the Cobra, this one actually comes loose and folds underneath the stand. Pretty cool design in my opinion. They also have a new called the Openshot. Looks very much like the bushmaster, except that they raised the seat height up out of the stand more for a more open shooting position. its hard to explain until you see it.

The other new one is the Summit 180. It is like a Viper on steriods. They lengthened the top piece some and made the front bar more curved. The seat can be detached from the standard configuration and reversed allowing you to lean against this front bar and face the tree instead.

I"ll post some pictures later on when I get a second.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2005 Summit X5 stands

Did they make them fit bigger trees? I would like that.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's for telling me all this info now ,I just bought last season's Viper X4 and today I finally took some time to put it together .It's a cool looking stand and I know I'm gonna love it .

nubo
Old 02-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

That sucks nubo! Ya just got that one right? Time to spend more money!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep ! that's exactly what I was thinking ,oh no here we go again LOL

nubo
Old 02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go figure, after using my Cobra X-4 last season I found myself favoring my API grand slam shooting star and leaving the cobra in camp. If I sell either it will be the Cobra....

Evidently I'm not the only one who wasn't overly pleased with the cobra x4 or it wouldn't have died after only one production year. There goes my resale[:'(]
Old 02-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

DaveC, I totally agree. I really like my Cobra X4, but not the climbing bar. I don't use the climbing bar and just use the top as a climbing aid. Its not quite as easy to climb with, but not a problem for me. Lighter, and less junk to contend with.

The Razor X5 looks promising. The climbing bar folds underneath you once at height. Pretty cool.

Also, the new openshot looks pretty neat. I got to looking at it more closely and the seat is actually the climbing aid that comes with the clearshot. They just slapped a thick, padded seat on it. It only weighs 14 lbs by the way.

I'm really thinking I may have to purchase a top peice for the openshot to try. I like the fact that you sit up out of the stand more. I have a little problem with the Cobra X4. even with the seat all the way up, I still feel too confined. I like to shoot from a seated position and its somewhat difficult to do with this stand as is.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Goliath and broadhead stands. I haven't seen anything from the new lineup but I am sure they are all going to be excellent stands.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

At Gander Mtn we never even received the Cobra X4s in... we were told that they were having a problem w/ the seat bar breaking off. Don't know how true that is.. but that's what we were told by Summit.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

KBacon, can you elaborate more on this?

I have a Cobra X4 and have nothing but good things to say. Are you talking about the fold away climbing bar? Other than that, I can't see the stand having any issue's. If there was a frame issue, it would also affect more than just the cobra since it, the bushmaster and I think another are basically the same stand.

Have me interested now.

Quick Reply: 2005 Summit X5 stands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.