Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2005 Summit X5 stands

Old 02-08-2005, 09:38 AM

Default RE: 2005 Summit X5 stands

ORIGINAL: KBacon

At Gander Mtn we never even received the Cobra X4s in... we were told that they were having a problem w/ the seat bar breaking off. Don't know how true that is.. but that's what we were told by Summit.
Ken,

Hey I just noticed your post and would like to follow up on it if you don't mind. There are just a few of us here in Customer Service and it's the first we have heard of any problem like that. Do you happen to know who you might have talked to over here - I want to make sure we don't have some sort of problem with the stands?

Thanks,

Tim @ Summit
Old 02-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summitech, welcome!

Nice to see another manufacturer on these boards. I do have a question about my stand, the Summit Cobra X4. I noticed that from using it as a climbing aid, instead of using the fold away climbing bar, the arms the cables go into look bowed in slighly. Also, the square tubing that the cable arms go into looked kinked slightly. I don't think it will affect the integrity of the stand, but it is something I have noticed.

Do you think it is because I don't use the climbing bar? I wouldn't think so since the Bushmaster is almost exactly like the Cobra minus the bar and backrest seat.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

What I was told was that the pivoting seat bar that's used for climbing had issues w/ breaking. I did not personally talk to anyone at Summit.. but was told 2nd hand by one of my ex-coworkers. That's why I said "I don't know if it's true." And later I called Summit to ask about Pro Dealing a Cobra I was told they were no longer available.. so I assumed it was true.

I don't want to spread any misinformation about these great stands. I purchased a Viper X4 instead of the Cobra and absolutely love it. By far our best selling stand also.