Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Release Aid String Loop????

Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Release Aid String Loop????

I am gonna put one one these on for the first time and was wondering if there is a certain way to tie them onto the string?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Release Aid String Loop????

Try Here
Old 02-04-2005, 01:52 PM

Here's another alternative:

Catfish Loop

It works really slick. Not as simple, but no chance of knot slippage (not that there's much chance of it either way if you do it right).
Old 02-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you very much,that was just the instructions I needed!!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Site Bouncer

Once you have decided on the type of string loop, how you put it on really depends on how you want it. I will stick the the tie on loop instead of the served on because thats the only loop I have used. I like to tie the ends in opposite directions to ensure the knots won't slip. I also like to use the loop in conjunction with tie on nocks however brass nocks work just as well.

Now here is where people get creative. I like to tie on two nocks one for above and below the arrow kock then I tie on my string loop on the outside of said nocks. This pretty much ensures two things. One, the tied on nocks will not move because they are "pinned in" by the string loop and second my string loop won't move because it's held in place by the nocks. The tie on nocks also keep the string loop from pinching the arrow nock.

This set up also ensures that the string loop is not too long (if that's what you going for). Now there are going to be others who tie there string loops different than me. Some use only one nock others use a brass nock some don't use any at all just the string. Others like to tie the string loop in a way that the ends are touching and it pulls from above or below the arrow. I don't think there is any right or wrong way as long as it is tied correct so it wont slip off.

You can cut and burn your own string loops to length but I don't. I tried but I can never get that big melt ball on the ends like the pre made ones. The melt balls help to keep the knot from slipping. So I just buy them pre made, there not that much.

I hope this helps, sorry it was so long.

bigJ