Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Harpole's Heartland Lodge Anyone?

Old 02-02-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Harpole's Heartland Lodge Anyone?

Has anyone hunted at the Heartland Lodge in Illinois? I have a late October hunt in 2005 and was curious of anyones experience.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Harpole's Heartland Lodge Anyone?

Although I haven't been there myself , I can tell you it is a top notch outfitter!! My best bud hunted there a few years back. He saved his $$$ for three years just to go. Although he came back empty handed he still says it was the best time of his life. The hunt he was on was a 130 class minimum. He could have shot one between 130 - 140 but he chose not to because of the 160-170 class he seen on three occassions. The food was great , said he never ate so much in his life , and the hospitality was excellent.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you can really go wrong at any outfitter out there. If you hit it right, you will see the deer. We went the week before you are going this year (Oct 18-22) with another outfitter (Hadley Creek). It was not very good, but it was all based on the weather. The rut was late this year. Deer weren't moving early. Nobody in our camp got a deer. But, we all saw them at some point (going in & out of stand, etc.) They are there. I'll be going back, but probably to a different outfitter.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I can't wait for the opportunity to see that class of an aminal. Here in WV they don't have much of an opportunity to get that big.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:53 PM

Hadley Creek outfitters should be checked out thoroughly. Go to Bowsite.com on the Illinois forum, some of the Pike county locals don't have much kind to say about them. neither does the Illinois DNR.