Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buckle or velcro..............???

Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Default RE: Buckle or velcro..............???

I use a TRU Short-n-Sweet with the velcro. I think the velcro gives me more of a custom fit and I get it just perfect for my likings. With the buckle, I never could do that. It was either too tight or too loose. I put it on before I enter the woods and do not take it off until after the hunt, so noise is not an issue with me.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also use a velcro strap. The Scott hook & loop W/NCS system.
I find I can really snug this release around my wrist on days when my wrist seem to have shrunk. Would say this is an advantage.
The disadvantage with the buckle, the holes never is in the right place for a perfect fit, it's either too tight or too loose.
As for the noise, at first it is really loud--the more it's worn the less the noise. Like everything else, it takes a little time to work itself in. Once done, it's a better system, IMHO.
I also, for many reasons fit the release on at the truck, if I run into something on my way to the stand, I'm ready, also I never have to wait until I get into my stand to find out I'd left my release in my bow case.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use "Duck-Tape"
Just kidding-"Velcro"
Old 01-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had velcro but i switched and am much happier
Old 01-31-2005, 03:32 PM

Definatly use a velcro, its much better they only make noise when you take them off and you should only do that when your leaving and if your hand hurts. If your hand hurts, then you need a break anyway
Old 01-31-2005, 04:03 PM

Buckle. More consistent when you put it on. Plus, its not as noisy.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the buckle. Much more quiet and I trust it more than velcro.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Velcro here.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

With a buckle you can be confident that the release is positioned exactly the same on your wrist every time you use it. ( If you use the same hole in the strap of course.)
Old 01-31-2005, 09:17 PM

I agree with the fact that the I'm more confident with the buckle. I purchased both in the same model of scott I can't remember which they were. I killed whitetails with both couldn't find the buckle one time and used the velcro a deer came by and my shot was good. I finally gave the velcro to my brother he uses it and likes it I use the buckle and like it much better. The only differance between my brother and I is I tried both and he was glad to get a $70 release for free.

Quick Reply: Buckle or velcro..............???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.