Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who likes the string loop???

Old 01-29-2005, 11:39 PM

Default who likes the string loop???

I have tried one three different times now...I've always liked the concept of less dtring wear and less torque on the arrow.. Every time I try one though,my groups go from two inches at 30 to about 8 inches..This is the last time I will try one..any thoughts???[>:]
Old 01-30-2005, 12:00 AM

Default RE: who likes the string loop???

I use a string loop and never had a problem.
but I haven't been shooting too long...
Old 01-30-2005, 12:03 AM

Have mixed opinions. Tried one one time and didnt like it, plus, i have a 30 inch bow and it fits my draw perfect, so it was to long. What i dont like, is metal loops. They defeat all purpose of the string loop. As for actual rope loops, to each their own.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Site Bouncer

I have a string loop and last year was the first time I used one. The bow seemed to group the same with it.

I don't know if you use a nock with it or not. I like to use a nock so I know my arrow is not moving on the string. Unless you have the loop tied just right the nock may be moving a little when you release or is not in the same position every time. I tie one on top and bottom and adjust them so my nock has no play between them. Then I tie my string loop around the outer ends of the nocks. This way nothing moves (nocks or string loop) and the weight with tie on nocks is nill.

I use BCY Polygrip .020 to tie the nocks.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:59 AM

I have been using one for years and I love it. I personally wouldn't use anythiing else.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:28 AM

I use one and wouldn't shoot any other way. Some like them and some don't.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:29 AM

I'm like ash, used one for years and love it. Figured best not to mess with a good thing. Do have a couple of friends that have tried them but always take them off they have the same problem as elkcraze - can't get groups as tight as they want.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Elkcrazed, did you adjust your draw length to compensate for the length of the string loop? If the string loop is 3/4'' long you will have to shorten your draw length by the same amount to have the same anchor position with your draw hand.

I've used a string loop for many years and wouldn't shoot without one.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot better with a loop than without.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one on both of my bows and wouldnt change back for anything. Never a problem with accuracy at all.

Quick Reply: who likes the string loop???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.