Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Winter Blues cure = New Bow

Old 01-29-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Winter Blues cure = New Bow

Tired of not seeing double digits in 2 weeks. Went away on business, rest of company went to Nashville, New Orleans and Frisco..we went to philly. Sick of snow as there is 2 feet on the ground. Snowblower died last weekend so I spenyt 650 on a new one. Sure we won't see snow now!!! Heading to the archery shop in an hour to try a few new bows. Pretty sure I know what I want but you know hoew it is once you shoot all the new models from several manufacturers how your mind can change. I'll put it on layaway. Wife says pay cash and bring it home today!!! I need to put it on layaway as the blues would only get worse seeing it and not be out there trudgeing through the snow chaseing arrows. This way it will pull me through the winter>>
Old 01-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winter Blues cure = New Bow

Well what bow do you have in mind that you might put on layaway?
Old 01-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Well back from the shop and I tried several. Really liked some of the higher end bows but I don't bow hunt as much as I would like to so I decided on the Hoyt Ultrasport in a package. I liked the Bowtech Tomkat but did not like the setup that came with it. If I added what I wanted it would have been way over what I wanted to spend. Now I have to get used to shooting a release as I always shot fingers with my old bows. It's on layaway. Neat thing is with it the shop gave me set up of course but also gave me 10 hrs of range time on their video range after we get the 20yd pin set, tuneup at 6mos and 1 year. Once it gets here I have 90 days while it is on layaway that I can get started with it. They are ordering a new one as the one they had in the shop had a good scratch on it. It should be here in a week.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:31 PM

Well, congratulations on the new bow purchase then. Sounds like you have a nice wife too!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:47 AM

Thanks and yes she is great. Only gets a little testy towards the Christmas holidays, you know.." It's 2 weeks before Christmas and all your doing is hunting how bout a little help with the holiday stuff " My reply .." I'll go get some nice table fare, hopefully he's big enough to fill your famalies gullets!"

Actually she is a peach. I gave up snowmobiling, competitive softball and every friday night card games. So she knows all I do is hunt and shoot. She does get a little testy after 3 months of every spare minute consumed by the pursuit of the whitetail but then again who wouldn't. Funny thing is after about 2 or 3 weeks of me around the house during the holidays she is like" Can't you find somewhere to hunt". Gotta love them.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

She sound's like a keeper to me and is very similar to my wife as well.Congrat's on your new bow I'm sure you'll have some fun with it as soon as the snow dissappear's.

nubo
Old 01-30-2005, 09:07 AM

Yes she is a keeper. Should have fun. Seeing how I dropped out of archery until this year. Still shooting a Bear Black Panther dual wheel with 2117 aluminums. Can't wait to not see the arc at 30 yds anymore. Pro at the shop figures I'll be between 265 and 275 fps by time I am all set up. Not blistering but probably around 85 to 100fps faster than my old setup. I was thinking about giving the old setup away but I may keep it as a back up for hunting trips.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd keep it till next season when you buy another bow LOL,it's alway's nice to have a backup ,you just never know when you might need it .

nubo
Old 01-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked up thew spects to the Ultrasport and you should be very happy with it. it looks like a shooter!

Congrats on the new bow.