Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Atom broadhead on hog

Old 01-27-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Atom broadhead on hog

I was shooting from a Double Bull Matrix, camo net was deployed (fancy word for "in use"). 20 yards from a series of significant rooting signs. Just before dark, here comes two hogs. The one in the pic was leading, but there was a much bigger one that stopped just shy of the shooting lane I had. I decided to take the smaller one (still close to 100 pounds or so).

The broadhead is the new Atomâ„¢ by Arrowdynamic Solutions. It uses a patented razorwire technology, nitinol materal, razor sharp leading edges and a solid titanium body. Had a complete pass through between ribs, X cut through the skin (tough skin) X cut through both lungs, severed top of heart, between ribs on opposite side, X cut on exit. Left a very good blood trail for about 60 yards before the animal expired. Broadhead showed no sign of damage, still razor sharp. I will use it again as soon as the weather permits.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Atom broadhead on hog

Nice! How tough are they in your practice sessions? Is the wire resharpenable and/or replaceable?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:49 AM

thats a big pig
Old 01-27-2005, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Nice! How tough are they in your practice sessions? Is the wire resharpenable and/or replaceable?
Since they shoot like field points, I don't practice with them, however I have shot them into a foam block and had no problems. The body cannot be destroyed (we beat it with a sledge hammer). The nitinol razor wires are extremely tough. This one passed through and stuck into the ground on the opposite side. The wires are replaceable (easily). This is a one piece broadhead (minus wires). With wires included, it's a 3 piece head (2 wires). Very simple, easy to quiver, very quiet and incredibly strong and accurate. It's being tested against bison and black buck antelope as well.

entrance wound

exit wound

(warning: graphic content)
Old 01-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the warning on the grafic content.

The look like they did a good job on the pig. Congrats! Where did you find these heads and do they come in diffrent weights. I'd be looking for 125g heads. Also, Were they expensive?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: adams

Thanks for the warning on the grafic content.

The look like they did a good job on the pig. Congrats! Where did you find these heads and do they come in diffrent weights. I'd be looking for 125g heads. Also, Were they expensive?
They aren't in production at this time. When they go into production, you will be able to get them from Arrowdynamic Solutions, and whomever else sells them.

They will be made in the 125gr as well, the one you see is the 100gr.

I don't know what the price for a package of three will be.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:43 AM

I can't wait to give them a try. I didn't realize until I went looking that arrowdynamic solutions also makes the gobbler guillitine. These two heads seem to be the most inovative I've seen since menichanicals hit the market.

If you've got an in and there looking for field tester I'd be interested in checking them out and giving an honest and objective field report.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:52 AM

Not a very big exit hole IMO.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Not a very big exit hole IMO.
The exit hole is bigger than the entrance hole. This is a 100gr broadhead, small cutting diameter on this particular one.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: adams

I can't wait to give them a try. I didn't realize until I went looking that arrowdynamic solutions also makes the gobbler guillitine. These two heads seem to be the most inovative I've seen since menichanicals hit the market.

If you've got an in and there looking for field tester I'd be interested in checking them out and giving an honest and objective field report.
Keep checking their website for updates. You can contact the manufacturer through that site and request to field test, but he gets dozens if not hundreds of requests for field testers.

Quick Reply: Atom broadhead on hog

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.