Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Atom broadhead on hog

Old 02-02-2005, 12:29 PM

Default RE: Atom broadhead on hog

I shall be eagerly awaiting you results 5 shot. I have yet to find a better review.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

When they come out I will get some for testing. We can then see how they compare to other heads. The concept is interesting and the hog is dead for sure!

Should be interesting.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Big Slick

You have not set any reference for "expensive".
I think we all know what heads we consider "expensive" We all see the price tags every year.
Are you speaking for the group? When you say something is "expensive", are you saying it cost more than it's worth, or are you saying it costs more than you can afford?
I don't think I gave it a "glowing" report.
I did.
I accept that.
I only even mentioned it here because someone else brought it up in another thread and the question was posed as to it's effectiveness. I simply stated the facts, and the pictures do not lie. Like you however, I don't care for hit and run "wow check this out" posts. That's not what this was. The thing isn't even in production yet. I certianly am not trying to sell it.
The fact that you didn't mention you were a "friend" of the manufacturer is what caught my eye. Puts everything in whole different perspective.......right or wrong.
If I have misrepresented the broadhead, you have a point. If I have not, you do not. I still understand your concern, however I have not misrepresented the broadhead.
I think he was merely stating that the broadhead will do it's job. He did not say it will make you a more ethical hunter.
A broadheads job is not to smash through a spine or elk shoulder bone.
That's your opinion. That particular broadhead is intended to do what the inventor intended it to do. Regardless, the premise behind the broadhead is that it will pass through, not "smash" through.
Then someone would ask "what type of marginal hits?". You are responding to an email sent to an individual who had specific questions, not a form letter advertisement posted in some hunting mag.
There is a BIG difference between saying your head performed well even on marginal shots that encountered bone..........and boasting that you can pass through a spine and/or elk shoulder specifically.
It seems you merely have an issue with semantics. A marginal shot could be any of the things listed.
If you read the reply in it's context, you will see that the author stated "The razor wire is only flexible under extreme duress compression impact loads..such as thru a spine, heavy shoulder bone of a large deer/elk/moose/hog shoulder plate"
He did not say he shot an elk in the shoulder. He said the wire will flex under extreme duress, and gave situations in which the broadhead would encounter extreme duress. Perhaps he should have used "i.e. heavy shoulder bone of a large deer/elk/moose/hog shoulder plate".
Well when he quotes from experience and says
We actually passed completely thru a spine shot on a buck
in only seems logical that he is speaking from experience about the rest as well.
You may discount my opinion, but I do not see it that way. I see it as him giving an example of "extreme duress" shots. That's how the email reads. I have not spoken to him about the email. In fact, he had no idea I had posted this information on this site. I did not ask his permission. I was showing results to a few people who inquired about it.
Everyone I know has hit an animal in places they did not intend to hit the animal, some worse than others, but even the pros hit bone. Unless you are someone who has never hit bone with a broadhead, I really don't see why you think it's "bad" to consider you might encounter bone.
It's not bad to consider you may encounter bone.........it IS bad to send people into the woods thinking even if they do encounter bone it's no big deal because they have the super macho big man heads on their arrows so they don't have to worry about aiming that much. Brainwashing morons with blazing speed and "bone crushing" heads is a recipe for disaster.
I do not feel that is being done. I don't know who here you are referring to as a "moron", but I was under the impression that most of the readers here are experienced bowhunters, and I certianly do not think telling someone like that "go ahead" is going to cause them to drop their sense of hunting ethics and common sense.

btw, if you do a "find" for "bone crushing" on this thread, you will find that you are the only one who used it, so who are you quoting?
BTW, I saw some of the Hunting.net staff at the Las Vegas Shot Show.
And??
That was for other readers who might have been there.

You have every right and even a responsibility to disagree with me if you feel you have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoyed your review of the heads and look forward to hearing more about them.

Your friend definitely thought out side the box on this design and I can appreciate that.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I enjoyed your review of the heads and look forward to hearing more about them.

Your friend definitely thought out side the box on this design and I can appericite that.
Thank you.

Hopefully I get to shoot a bigger hog next week (weather permitting).
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 PM

That gobbler guillotine looks pretty bad! Look at what this thing can do.

http://www.arrow-dynamic-solutions.com/VIDEO%20PAGE.htm

^^^Video Clips ^^^^
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Big Slick

Are you speaking for the group? When you say something is "expensive", are you saying it cost more than it's worth, or are you saying it costs more than you can afford?
Yes I am speaking for the group..........we all shop for broadheads and we know their price range. We know what is high, average and low. Doesn't make any of them better or worse, just a fact of their pricing.

I doubt there is a broadhead made that someone can't afford..............whether or not that head is WORTH that much is the key factor.

If I have misrepresented the broadhead, you have a point. If I have not, you do not. I still understand your concern, however I have not misrepresented the broadhead.
I have a point either way. Reviews from a "friend" will ALWAYS be flattering. That may range from leaving out small annoyances all the way to saying something is good when it is not. I have no idea where your review falls.........that is why I look forward to an unbiased view. You may be 100% correct and the head may be even better then you described. We will see. No one is calling you a liar. I just prefer my info unbiased.

I do not feel that is being done. I don't know who here you are referring to as a "moron", but I was under the impression that most of the readers here are experienced bowhunters, and I certianly do not think telling someone like that "go ahead" is going to cause them to drop their sense of hunting ethics and common sense.
Read the MANY threads EVERY year about people losing deer due to ignorance and you will understand.

btw, if you do a "find" for "bone crushing" on this thread, you will find that you are the only one who used it, so who are you quoting?
Completely passing through a spine would qualify as bone crushing in my book.

You have every right and even a responsibility to disagree with me if you feel you have a legitimate reason for doing so.
I have no idea if you are telling the truth or not. I doubt some of the things you have said but your pics are nice. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I have no problem with your review.........just prefer unbiased opinions that's all.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:30 PM

5 shot, I can't wait for your review.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM

That gobbler guillotine looks pretty bad! Look at what this thing can do

That video is unbelievable