" />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the whisker biscuit

Old 01-26-2005, 05:23 PM

Default the whisker biscuit

how do u all feel about the whisker biscuit? Do you use it? you like it? whats the scoop on them. I am setting up this new pse just wandering what the best is? any other ideas on carbon arrows and sights and all i would love to hear them the bow is a pse firestorm.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:33 PM

Default RE: the whisker biscuit

I don't use it but I have herd that if they are tuned properly they work great for their purpose which is to keep your arrow on the rest at all times if your a big spot and stalker than I would say go with it. other than that if you do a search on this forum you will find all the info you can possibly handle.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Absolutely love the whisker biscuit. I've had it on both of my bows. Currently have it on my mathews switchback. They are flawless once tuned correctly. I love to have it for walking to and from my stand sights. I put a little piece of mole skin on the bottom of the insert where the arrow rests for a completely stealth draw back. I use an alluminum insert (wider hole) with carbon arrows. The larger hole allows room for the mole skin and perfect clearance. The mole skin strip I use is about 4 inches long and I center it inside the biscuit hole and wrap it around the edges. Deer won't even know you're there.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:55 PM

stone 316 does the whiskers on it freeze and get stiff in cold/wet weather someone told me it does
Old 01-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Spike

Insted, go one better and get a GKF Whisper Disk. Its easyer on you fletching, quieter, and wont be effected by damp freezing weather.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:45 PM

People ask about this WB rest all the time. Try a search and you should find a wealth of information. Personally, I love my WB.

As far as freezing..they sell a product called no-snow (I think) that protects the WB in freezing weather. Try out this

Whisker Biscuit review at broadheadtests.com.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted with mine this year in sunshine, rain, snow, and below 0 temps and never had a problem with any of the whiskers freezing. I haven't used the no snow ( I think that's what it's called) yet but I guess it couldn't hurt. As far as the whisper disk, I've heard stories about clearance problems (could be due to improper tuning though). I love my biscuit and wouldn't trade it for a fall away ever.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/ARROWRESTS.html
Old 01-27-2005, 07:12 AM

5star Ive bein looking for the whisper disc.seen it advertised once never seen it again were can I find one thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 08:02 AM

Use it, love it, wouldnt switch. I think in hunting situations it is the best choice.

Quick Reply: the whisker biscuit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.