Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Patriot Dually

Old 01-18-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Patriot Dually

Anyone with experience with this bow. I'm looking at one new 2004 model all the 2004 stuff just went on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse. One friend of mine said they were coming apart. I really liked how it shot. Seemed to fit me really well. Idahoelkinstructor what do you think?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Patriot Dually

I had a 2003 Patriot dually for a short time. It was a pretty good bow. I did not like it as much as the single cam version though. The narrow valley didn't bother me as it does some. But what did was it had much more vibration in the riser and grip then the Infinity cam equipped BowTechs, not to mention was a bit on the loud side.

If you like 65% let off and a blazing fast bow. This will fit your prefrences perfectly. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:58 PM

Well, when I purchased my Patriot I shot the dually version. Right before I shot it, the salesman said (who was a former Bowtech empolyee, and knows his s**t) "after one shot you'll either love it or hate it." I shot it once and he was right it wasn't for me, the valley was too small.

I would have to say since you shot it and liked it; it would probably be a great bow for you.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Standingpipe, to be honest I have never shot the bow, but from what I have heard mirrors what buckeyebuckhntr has stated. If I was going to buy a BowTech I would most likely buy the Liberty, thats one smooth shooting bow, not as smooth shooting as a Mathews Switchback IMHO others will for sure disagree with that statement! LOL But its a good bow. I haven't heard anything about Patriot falling apart but who knows? I do know that BowTech makes a very, very good bow, and they stand behind their products. If you want to shot one again to be positive, I know that Sportsmans Warehouse will let you no problem. The asst. manager of the store here in IF is a friend of the family, and sometimes he has given us deals beyond what its on already on sale for. Sorry I don't have any more advice than that, when we talk on the phone maybe we can make plans to go bow shopping together. Thanks Jason
Old 01-18-2005, 10:22 PM

Sounds good to me. The sale is 509.00. I think that is a solid deal. I'll talk to you later this week.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Standing pipe!

I bought the 2004 Patriot Dually last season and I absolutely love it ,I don't have the noise or the vibration's that Buckeyehntr speek's of .I did notice a bit of vibration when I first bought it but I took off the Vibracheck Isolator stabilizer and replaced it with the Stealth 6" and it was gone ,I also put a Simm's Enhancer on the rear of the riser and Cable rod dampener's from Simm's. I would like to buy the Allegiance this season but that would mean that I would have to part with my Dually ,but I'm not ready or willing to do that.As for the Dually it has a short Valley and if you don't have a solid anchor this bow will take off on ya ,so be prepared to lose an arrow every once in a while LOL.This bow really smoke's believe me .The Dually isn't for everyone ,but I really don't have any complaint's about it .The Dually is a solid and well crafted bow and will last forever .I was told you need to tune it after about 200 shot's ,but I've got at least 2000 shot's and am just starting to consider making some small adjustment's to my string .
Make sure you shoot it again and pay close attention to how short the valley really is and you'll see how this bow could get away on you if your not paying attention .As I said I love this bow and can't even think of trading it in ,at least not yet.Maybe if i went and shot the Allegiance I might feel a little different than I do now. Anyway's the Dually is a great bow and with the proper vibration and noise equipment you'll be very happy with it .
OH yea ! who ever told you that these bow's were coming apart was very mislead ,because that's the first I've heard of it .I've been with this forum for a couple year's now and if that was true I would have definetly heard about it . I'm sure you'd like this bow ,but try some of the other BowTech's before you make your decision

nubo
Old 01-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 04 Patriot was redesigned from the 03 modle I had. New pivioting limb pockets and a different riser. Probably is what makes the 04 a sweeter shooter than the 03 was[8D]
Old 01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Buckeye,there were severel change's to the Dually last season severel that I was told about ,I'm sure if I look in my file's I might find the e-mail that Jeff B and Matt P/A sent ot me ,but yes the limb Pocket's ,the cam's, the shelf, the camo, sealed bearing's and the vibration dampener's and and changes to the riser .I know there was severel other change's as well but I just can't think of them all right now.

Standing pipe the best thing about BowTech and thier bow's is definetly thier comitment to the customer ,I know this first hand .It a long story but this company really does stand by thier product .

I think $509.00 is a great deal

nubo
Old 01-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had an 03 Pat Dually and sold it a few months ago.

The one thing you have to do is draw the bow slow or you will bounce off the back wall.

I was using heavy arrows and that thing just plain smoked them down range I took a boar at 32 yards and goofed the shot I hit him a little too far forward right in the middle of the gristle plate, my immediate thought was oh no this is going to be a long day.

I was surprised when the arrow did hit as the boar let out a squeel and was knocked off his feet he got up ran 10 yards and it was over.

The arrow blew throught the plate took out his shoulder both lungs the opposite shoulder and the tip of the broadhead was sticking out of the skin on the oppisite side.

The Pat Dually hits like a Mack truck.

Last deer season I took my first buck with it and still have not found the arrow last I seen it,it was heading for the next county after riccoshaying (sp) off a rock after passing through the buck.

I can also say I have not found the buck after it was stolen out of the back of my truck.[:@]
Old 01-19-2005, 01:47 PM

I called my local Sportsmans and they are out of the dually. Bummer. for $500 something I would have gotten one.

Quick Reply: Patriot Dually

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.