Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews switchback

Old 01-18-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Matthews switchback

Anyone know where to get the specs for the Switchback? I have looked on the computer and had no luck. Thanks.

HT
Old 01-18-2005, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Matthews switchback

Mathews website has the specs on the Switchback. www.mathewsinc.com Maybe there is more info you are looking for but that will give you a start.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:13 AM

It doesn't appear to be any beter than the Outback, Added a couple of small harmonic dampers, changed the cam up a little. Alittle bit faster, longer ASA, and a shorter BH. Kind of reminds me of an LX?

HT
Old 01-18-2005, 10:30 AM

I've owned the Legacy, LX and Outback and after shooting the Switchback this past weekend, it is in a class of its' own. Not even close to the LX. If I had to chose one of the above it was closest too, it would be a longer ata Outback that was a little faster. It is a sweet bow.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I just sold my LX and bought a Switchback and I have to say that there is no comparison as far as smooth, fast and quiet. I traded because my LX was too long of a draw and I didn't want to buy a cam. Anyway I must say that the Switchback is amazing. I have not put any limb savers, wiskers or anything on it and it is much quieter than the LX.

I have heard some poeple say it is a compromise between an LX and Outback. I haven't shot an Outback so I can't comment. All I know is that the Switchback shoot much better than my LX did.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 PM

I will go down and shoot one this weekend. I have had an LX and shoot and Outback now so I should have a good comparison.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Take it from someone who owns one (ME). I've shot both the LX and the Outback, and the Switchback is definetely in a league of its own. YES, it is a combination of the LX and Outback (for those of you that don't believe it). YES it's smoother. YES it's faster. Those are just a few of the main reasons why I bought it. The main reason is I've never shot a bow that nice. When you release an arrow and don't even hear it...........come on how can you beat that? You can't!!!!! I added the Limb Saver Ultras (probably don't even need em). Guess you can never be too quiet. It's all the hype and more. Those of you that truely believe in perfection know.....................