Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How was everyone's year?

Old 01-16-2005, 06:23 PM

Default RE: How was everyone's year?

My season was great. Two bucks and one doe with my bow. Alot of my vacation was
spent out in God's great outdoors where I want to be. My son harvested a great buck
with his .243. It was his 9th deer and his 7th buck. He's only 13 yrs. old but the boy is
hooked like his dad. I believe our season goes out Jan. 31st so I may have time for
one more bowhunt. My WV. tags are filled but I still have one Md. tag left.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

had a great time but no luck.i'll get them next year.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I had a very good year even though I didn't get the deer that I wanted and I had him in shooting range. Its amazing how one little twig can change a hunt, I keep telling myself that I am letting him grow for next year. I shot a three pt on the 17th of Oct. and a doe on the 27th of Dec. The doe was extra special because I think she is the same one that busted me and my son hunter when I drew on her in Oct. I drew and Hunter looked around my side to see her and she caught his movement and locked in on us so she escaped without a shot that night.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Very exciting year. I saw a lot but didn't feel dropping them. Picked up a few new places. Can't wait until next year.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:22 AM

Had a great year, started the season off with a nice 8 pointer with the bow on my second hunt, then took an injured 7 point with the bow. After that I managed to get 2 does during shotgun season and another doe after gun season with the bow, 5 deer and I managed to see some really nice bucks after I was out of buck tags .....of course, can't wait for next year!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a bad yr at all. I saw my son take his first deer. And i saw some very nice bucks but just could not put it together. But i did ended up with three deer. Two bucks and one doe, And also a red fox. not a bad yr all and all. The bucks could have been bigger but can`t they always?[&:]
Old 01-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

All my seasons are good. I took a very big Doe on a bonus antlerless tag that I donated to a needy family. I had another Bonus tag I could have filled & let at least 30 Does pass within 15 yards during the season. I also (like Swamp Dawg) let several decent Bucks pass hoping to get a crack at 1 of THREE very good Bucks. Never got within 60 yards though I saw them on several occassions.
My last afternoon of bowhunting late season went like this. Around 3:30 pm a procession of 9 Does pass my stand within 15 yards & feed all around me in the picked corn. Around 4:30 pm they all move out of range. I still had 1 Bonus antlerless tag & 1 either sex tag but elected to not shoot a Doe hoping one of the Bucks might show. No Bucks-I climb down & start back-20 yards from my stand I look up & there stands this high racked 10-broadside. I go through all the motions & say "NEXT YEAR, BIG BOY". Who can ask for anything more-he made it through the gun season.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Not one of my better years, but not a horrible year either. I only managed to fill 2 of my 6 tags, although I never passed on a mature deer. It was one of those year's where I just couldn't pick the right place to sit. I did get to see my first sparring match, but the rut was the worst one I've ever seen. I never did see a buck with a doe this year, from September to now. That was the biggest disappointment for me. I got to spend some quality hunting time with my dad though, so that's always a treat. Certainly can't wait to redeem myself this fall
Old 01-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

My season rocked! I shot a nice doe early in the season. Then I shot a nice 9-pointer that scores in the 130's. I had an awsome season