Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best bow string??

Old 01-13-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Best bow string??

I'm looking to get a new string and cables for my Hoyt Protec after the season. I will be getting the hight quality, pre-stretched stuff. Any suggestions on what is considered the best.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best bow string??

Yes, the same string that came on the bow when purchased new. No bow manufacturer is going to make a quality product than equip it with inferior components. You can piss away $100 on a custom NON STRETCH string, but your wasting money you could use for useful hunting gear.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, the same string that came on the bow when purchased new. No bow manufacturer is going to make a quality product than equip it with inferior components
I'm not so sure about that.

My advice is going to a string maker, a lot of pro shops (around here anyway) are making custom strings for customers. They should be able to explain the proprties of each of the materials. IMO, they all have their goods and bads.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:57 PM

Winnerschoice.com and gasbowstrings.com I have heard great things about. They run a little more expensive but you won't experience and stretch and you can get custom colors too
Old 01-13-2005, 02:12 PM

I think a quality string is a great investment especially if you use a peep. Winners Choice is what I will always use.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:56 PM

best- winners choice, but expensive. You can get 90%, or more, wc quality at bowman.com. Email george with any questions, he makes an incredible string. You will also pick up a few feet per second. And for the guy who thinks that you should stick to the original string.....quit smokin that stuff behind the shed!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double Creek, I too like the Winners Choice they make very good string. My Fury eats strings for lunch and the Winners Choice has held up the best out of all I have tried. I do want to try a local Pro Shop that makes custom strings. From what I have heard they can make any string you want with as good or better quality. BTW how did your hunting go this past year?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sniper most of the bow manufacturers put incredably bad strings and cables on their bows. Some are starting to see the light however but not many. Servings separate, they strech 1/2 - 1 full inch.

A qood quality pre streches string and cable is, IMO, one of the best things you can do to a bow.

Winners choice strings are simply awesome. Some good string makers can make a pretty darn good string but IMO WC are the best.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

I've gone with WC on my last 3 bows, Q2, FX, and Patriot...
quality worth paying for. They will stand behind their product,
something I consider important when making a purchase decision.

I believe all 3 were made up with BCY 8125.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at Stone Mountain Dakota Pre Streched Bowstrings at
www.stonemountainbowstrings.com
I have be shooting them for ASA 3D Tournament Competitions and for Bowhunting and I find them to be a top quality Bowstring and have been very happy with them.
Parker Compound Bows decided to put Stone Mountain Dakota Pre Streched Bowstrings on all their Phoenix line of bows for 2005

Quick Reply: Best bow string??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.