Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Allegiance and Switchback today

Old 01-13-2005, 07:33 PM

Default RE: Shot the Allegiance and Switchback today

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

Mark, I suspect a 27" Allegiance would feel better to you. The draw curve is such that it has the weight at the front, then just eases into the wall. A shorter draw would definitely be a better feeling bow to you. I've shot the SB, and felt that while the draw was smooth, it was also fairly stiff. The bow is absolutely quiet and exhibits low recoil/vibration. Both are top of the line bows. The final decision will, most likely, come down to personal preference.

I'm sure that a 27" Allegiance would feel better........I just don't know how much. I will shoot one as soon as they get it for comparison.

The Switchback I shot was 29" too and it was smooth as glass........that is what bothered me, because I immediately blamed the extra 2" myself.

We will see.

You are right........they are top end for sure.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
t3

when changing the draw length on the mathews switchback do you have to change the cams?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree on the Switchback. I bought one awhile back shot it and thought it was real nice but I couldn't figure what it was about it that made it so nice. I was out shooting with a buddy and after about an hour we switched bows and took some shots.I won't mention the bow my buddy was shooting but it is a nice one that alot of you guys shoot. I pulled it back and let it rip and the dang thing about jumped out of my hand. I couldn't believe it. The hand shock was so noticible i thought something was broke but there wasn't. My buddy shot mine and couldn't believe the difference. there is no hand shock in a Switchback. Needless to say my bud is buying a new bow.