Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot Swithchback and Allegience.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot Swithchback and Allegience.

Got to put a bunch of arrows through the new Mathews Switchback and Bowtech Allegience today. Both bows set at 28" draw and 72 lbs. I compared brace heights, both seemed to be 7" as specs say. I shot the same a 358 grain arrow. Chronograph speeds consistently gave Bowtech the edge........Allegience 298 fps and Switchback 290 fps. Both bows had 2 nock sets. The Mathews nothing else on the string and the Bowtech had a hush Kit.

Both bows handled very similarly. Balance....I could easily shoot either bow with no stabilazer. ( Important to me...I don't like the extra weight on a hunting bow) Shock and vibration......both very dead in the hand. These two bows are really the same size, shape, weight and brace height. Cam systems are very differant. The draw cycles where both interesting compared to bows of the last few years and both had very small valley's(both were ready to fly). The biggest and very noticable differance was the grips. I'm not even sure which one I liked but they are very very differant. Bowtechs was fairly thin and flat ,while Mathews was quite formed. Personel taste and form would easily decide on the grip.

Anyway....

I was impressed with both bows, anyone who bought either one would be very happy.

Shoot them both when you get a chance!
Old 01-12-2005, 06:42 AM

Default RE: Shot Swithchback and Allegience.

It is personal preference but I love the grip on the Allegiance! I agree that was one of the key differences (other than speed) and I can't stand the Mathews grips. On my current bow I have sanded the grip to be thinner and remove the contours. When shooting targets I even removed the grip completely and had a very thin grip. For me less contact on your shooting hand the better to eliminate torque and be forgiving to variances in pressure.

After shooting my current bow for years I was concerned about finding a grip that felt comfortable and was suprised to see the Bowtech grip is almost the exact shape as my modified grip.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

As a big fan of mathews bows I would still have to admit that I do not like the stock grips I had to put on a competion grip and I realy like them. The bowtechs seem to come with that style of grip to begin with.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's Cloud 9 I've been hoping to read a post of this nature ,I've been waiting patiently . Now if I could only make up my mind on whether to sell my dually and buy the Allegience or not . The only thing I hate about this scinerio is that next season I'll have the same problem whether I buy a new one or not .

nubo
Old 01-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be buying a new one and I'm 90% sure it will be the Bowtech Alleigence. I'm just not sure if I should try a 60 lb. model. I think I going to go back and put both bows to 62 or 63 lbs. and shoot them both through the chrono. Once I see the lower poundage results I'll have to decide.

Good Luck!