Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

COMPOUND VS CROSSBOW ??????

Old 01-11-2005, 04:34 PM

Default RE: COMPOUND VS CROSSBOW ??????

Actually Turkey, I've never shot a crossbow because they are illegal for hunting in my state but I think if you want to extend your range effectively out to 30-35 yds., a compound will allow you to do it. It will take lots of practice, but practice is fun...especially if your able to hookup with buckeye and do some 3d'in.

Good luck
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Spike

The compound bow is much easier to get through dense bush with and, yes, it can be accurate out to much greater distances (with practice). I have seen video footage of guys shooting out to 185 yds - not an ethical shot at an animal, in my opinion but, I couldn't even attempt it at a target with my X-bow. No matter what you choose to shoot, including a rifle, you only get proficient through practice. I don't know any hunters who require much of a push to get out and do some shooting so, I don't think practice will be much of a problem.