Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELLO TO ALL............SWITCHBACK BY THE WAY

Old 01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default HELLO TO ALL............SWITCHBACK BY THE WAY

Hello to all!!! My name is Phil and man is this a cool website. I totally dig reading all the Q and A's and figured maybe ya'll could help me out once in a while. Well I just sold my Parker hunter mag (not a bad bow) and went and shot both the Outback and the Switchback from Mathews. I now know what it's like to drive nails with a bow. They're both extremely smooth and lightning quick (in my opinion). So I bought the Switchback. Could ya'll tell me how I did on my accessories though? I bought a Trophy Ridge 3 pin nitro extreme sight, a whisker bicscuit qs rest, NAP shock blocker 1000 stabilizer, limb saver ultras, and shoot with a tru fire bear paw release. Last season was my 1st hunting with a bow. I harvested a beautiful 140lb doe at 8 yds. I've just heard so much about the Mathews line, that I had to try it. HOOKED!!! Well nuff for now. Hope to hear from ya'll.

Phil
Old 01-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HELLO TO ALL............SWITCHBACK BY THE WAY

Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you made a good choice. I have the TR sites and really like it. I also started using the limb saver ultras this year. Don't know if it made a big difference over the old ones. As for the rest of the stuff I have never used any of it. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Congrats on the doe. The first one is always sweet.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Welcome Stone! Glad to hear you took a doe! Sounds like you made good choices on your bow and the setup, good luck with it in 05'
Old 01-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the board. Your setup sounds fine as long as you're happy with it. Some on here don't care for Trophy Ridge sights, but I have used them and found them to be great sights and the company has always treated me well as a customer. Good luck with your new bow and hopefully you can have the same success as you had last season.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Welcome fellow bow hunter. I wouldn't worry what others think about your set up. as long as you can shoot it well enough to humanely kill your pray. Matthews is a very good bow, I myself shoot an LX. Congrats on the Kill, good luck in the future.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the board stonePhil? It sounds like that you have a killing machine there I really like your set up. And congrats on your freezer meat.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like you did real well i'm interested in shooting a switchback myself.just hate the price tag
Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

I also congrats you on your first bow kill sounds like a good setup I shoot a old mathews fx and I've killed some great deer with it, always a rush.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I agree the price tag is pretty stiff for the Switchback, but I shot only 10 arrows through it and man was I hooked. It's so smooth. It's easily the best rig i've ever shot. I've been puttin the pennies away since oct. Anyway, give it a whirl you'll love it.

Phil
Old 01-10-2005, 09:20 PM

The best advice I have is to not mention the name Mathew's. Just kidding. Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: HELLO TO ALL............SWITCHBACK BY THE WAY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.