Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowstring manufacturers

Old 01-07-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Bowstring manufacturers

Who's making them, and do you have a link. I know about Winner's Choice and Zebra. What others are out there, especially no-stretch ones. I have seen Muzzys. Isn't there a company called Green Mountain bowstrings? I need to replace mine for the upcoming year, so I want to do some research.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowstring manufacturers

Here is a link to Stone Mountain Bowstrings
www.stonemountainbowstrings.com
They are the manufacturers of the
Stone Mountain Dakota Prestreched Bowstring.
I personally have had great results from the Dakota Line of strings, they are Prestreched and the most string strech I have ever incurred with one of the Dakota Strings was 1/8th of an inch strech in 1 years time and it didnt strech anymore after that.
I use the Dakota strings for Local, State , National and World Level 3D Competition as well as for Bowhunting. I find they stand up well against the abuse they take in the field when bowhunting .
They will costom make them to your specifications and to your color choices they also come with an awesome done job on the serveing.
I dont think you will be dissapointed in them if you choose to try them
Old 01-08-2005, 09:17 AM

I have shot 3 sets of winners choice and like them. That being said, I am shooting bowman custom strings now. They are very close in quality for half the price. Go to bowman.com and ask george any questions that you may have.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:19 AM

BTW- I had a stone mountain on my 03 patriot dual cam that stretched out in 5 months. The servings are inferior, as well.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:19 AM

berry strings are very nice too.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW- I had a stone mountain on my 03 patriot dual cam that stretched out in 5 months. The servings are inferior, as well.
I am curious to know whether you were using a Stone mountain Dakota Pre Streched Bowstring?
Did you contact your bow manufacturer or Stone Mountain regarding the string and get a replacement string?