Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Zebra Twist Strings

Old 01-07-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Zebra Twist Strings

I recently purchased a Mathews Switchback which comes with the new Zebra Barracuda string. For those of you who have used zebra twist strings, have you had much of an issue with the string stretching and effecting peep alignment? I am trying to decide if I should wait to break-in the string before I install my peep. Thanks
Old 01-10-2005, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Zebra Twist Strings

Shoot your Zebra with a (tight) secured string loop. When your static type peep starts not consistently rotating right for you, replace your your loop with the T.R.U. Speed loop. Work great! Be sure when screws are tighten, place color line of finger nail polished so a loose screw will be readily seen. Put the speed loop nok on before your Zebra starts acting up is recommended.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

That looks like I could use one of those speed loops to. I have a zebra zs bowstring and I loked it at first but once it gets a memory that is where it is gonna be and doesn't matter how many times the loop is adjusted it goes where it wants to espicially when it gets stretched and wore in. I like that speed loop thing I would like to hear more about that.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:36 PM

I Thought Once My String Was Broken In, I Could Reset My Peep And Proper Alignment Would No Longer Be A Concern. I Do Have What They Call A " Pro Release System" Which Is Consists Of An Aluminum Nock Device And String Loop Combination. However, I Have Never Used It Because It Weights 45 Grains And I Thought It Would Have A Significant Effect On Arrow Speed. Has Anyone Used or Heard Anything About Them? Any Thoughts Or Comments Would Be Appreciated.