Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elk locked in battle

Old 01-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Elk locked in battle

This is a first for me! I have never seen pics of two bulls locked up! My sister from Colorado sent these to me, sorry I don't know the story or the outcome! Just thought I'd share em with ya!

Old 01-05-2005, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Elk locked in battle

man, that sux. I think most of us prolly have the same idea as to what happened at the end of the story.

And I was just thinkin...when deer, or elk, or any other bound-together animals figure out they're stuck...do ya think they "talk" to each other? i.e., "hey man, i gotta pee.", "you hungry, bro?", "dude, check her out...think she's into 3somes?"

...sigh...i'm so mean...
Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Great pics...sad situation. I hope for the sake of these two bulls they were fortunate enough to free themselves. Finding a couple of mature whitetails locked up (several months dead) a couple of springs ago really hit home. Terrible way to die for these magnificent animas....or any animals for that matter.

Thanks for sharing the pics BHF, any story yet?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

i remember a buckmaster video, i think, where two deer were locked up and tangled in a barb wire fence. they set em free with a chainsaw.

hope someone helped these guys out...
Old 01-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

man, that sux. I think most of us prolly have the same idea as to what happened at the end of the story.

And I was just thinkin...when deer, or elk, or any other bound-together animals figure out they're stuck...do ya think they "talk" to each other? i.e., "hey man, i gotta pee.", "you hungry, bro?", "dude, check her out...think she's into 3somes?"
Nice way to brighten up a bad situation....made me laugh, anyway.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool pictures.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

That is sad to see that because we all know what probably happened.

I got an email with pics of two elk locked up and a rancher saw them and some how cut off the locked antler of the dieing/dead elk which saved the other one. One of the pic shows the "winner" running off with the other's antler stuck in his rack. I'd post the pics but I'm new here and don't know how.

Okay I figured out how to post a pic. The other pic is too large and won't upload. If you look close in this pic you can see the other elk's antler (the one that the rancher cut off) hanging in this one's rack.

Old 01-07-2005, 04:36 AM

Thanks for the pics. Hopefully since there are folks standing around they were able to free these two great animals. Might would have had to tranquilize them given the size but surely they did something to help them out.