Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IL Deer & Turkey Classic?

Old 01-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL Deer & Turkey Classic?

well it depends what all you want to do because friday not a whole lot of deer heads are there yet usually if thats what your goin to go see.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

bh501
I am wanting the kids to see the critters they are going to have and I like to find a few things to add to my pack. Also wan't to see the latest mount's.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be there! I'm going to shool in Champaign so it's just a hop, skip and a jump from me which is why I've been going to it the past couple of years. I'm usually most interested in seeing what kind of deer heads will be there though.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

I have been on a saturday,I don't think that it's that crowded.I would venture to say that Friday early would probably be the least bussy.SIbowhunter,how long have you lived in Eldorado?My Step dad's Family is lives there.Do you know any Hammersleys?
Old 01-07-2005, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know how the parking is there now,but if I where any of you I would wear a waterproof boot.(Gortex maybe)I went a couple years back,and had to park in this field,it was like parking in a swamp,I was ticked.Just a little FYI.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

We went late on Sunday last year, and we got front row parking and we could let our 3 year old walk by herself, that few of people there at that time. Saturday is always the big day, that is when most of the traffic is there.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:05 AM

looking forward to making my first road trip up there to the expo!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

GSPsnFORDs;
Since your attending school in Champaign have you be out to shoot at the East Central Illinois Archery Range in Urbana.
We host 3D shoots and our outdoor range is open to members from sunrise to sunset 365 days a year. We have a 3D range set in a wooded setting with over 30 lanes of 3D shooting and a site in range, a broadhead range and a elevated platform to shoot from. We also hold an indoor winter leagues here in Urbana at a alternate location.
If you havent already joined our club and are interested in joining drop me an email and I can sign you up.
[email protected]
We also will be attending the Classic on Sunday.
The walls are always full of mounts on sunday with very few empty spaces on the walls on sunday. Plus its seems the vendors are willing to offer better show sale prices so they can unload their products on the last day of the show.
See ya there
Old 01-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Lady Forge,

I might have to check into that as I've been wanting to shoot some 3D targets. Kind of depends on which day & which times on the weekends b/c I shoot on the Illini Trap & Skeet team out at St. Joe on Saturday's but it is definitely of interest to me. You'll probably be hearing from me soon!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you all are talking about the one in Bloomington then I'll be there also.
I've gone the last 2 years - gotta have that elk jerkey!!!

I'll have to wear my ILNYPAKY-EH!!!! sticker so yall can find me

Quick Reply: IL Deer & Turkey Classic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.