Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Sight Problems Or Not

Old 01-03-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Peep Sight Problems Or Not

I Currently Have A Peep Sight That Has Rubber Tubing And I Would Like To Change To A Peep With No Tubing And/Or Cord. However, I Have Heard Of Problems Getting The Peep To Consistently Line Up Correctly Due To String Twist. I Have Also Been Told You Should Wait For 500 Shots Or So Until The String Is Done Stretching Before Installing This Type Of Peep. Until Then They Recommended Using A Peep With Tubing To Assure Proper Peep Alignment. I Have Also Been Told That It Depends On The Type Of String. Any Thoughts Or Suggestions Would Be Appreciated
Old 01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Sight Problems Or Not

A really high quality string (like Winner's Choice) is fairly easy to "train". If is a new bow it may take a bunch of shots 200 - 500. This is a off-season task for sure!!! Keep at it, and you'll get it, if not you can go back to the rubber tubing before season.

Good Luck!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:51 AM

It Is A New Bow. I Just Uprgraded To A Mathews Switchback. It Comes With Zebra Barracuda String. Any Experience With These Strings? Do You Think I Should Just Start Out With My Old Peep Until I Have 200-500 Shots Then Switch To A New Peep? Will Nock Devices Help? Thanks Again.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a matthews with a peep and use a loop to attach my release. It has been absolutely 100% with no string training. Just a matter of setting the loop correctly at the start. Your pro shop can help you with that.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 AM

What Type Of Loop, Sting Or Aluminum?

PS: It Nice To See Another Kansan On Here. I Am From Bennington.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:09 AM

Welcome to the forum, C-B. There are a bunch of shooters here that use a device called a No-Peep. It eliminates the need for a peep mounted directly on your string. I've been using one for about 8 months now, and I'll never go back to the old peep style. It woks great.

Check this out: http://www.timberline-archery.com/np.asp

There's also another similar device that's out now that is said to be superior to the no-peep, but it still follows the same concept. Maybe someone here can chime in if they have a link.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

I have used both string and the D-loop. Both work fine. I am currently using the string loop and see no reason to change. I believe the D-loop would be easier to install and adjust for a full picture thru your peep. I had my string install by the pro shop at the time I bought my bow so they tinkered with it a bit and it works perfect. I believe it is a matter of personal preference.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM

You could just shoot a couple hundred shots with nothing but a nock set and then install a peep or you might just find you might not need the peep at all if only shooting a hunting bow[]. Don
Old 01-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a mathews fx with 34" axle to axle, it has a zebra zs twist bowstring and I shoot a peep with no rubber tubing and shoot with a string loop. I have found that it holds it's memory for quite awhile before having to adjust the loop. One thing to be noted that on short axle to axle bows like mine is that when drawn back and looking through the peep the peep is at such an angle with the string the peep hole is egg shaped and not a round hole. I am replacing my peep with a peep that is already angled on the string so when drawn back the peeps is vertical and the hole is nice and round.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:39 AM

I have a peep on winners choice string and I shot only 20 shots to break it in. Then the pro shop installed the peep for me and I haven't had to adjust it yet and it's been about 2 years. I don't believe that 200-500 shot break in. Just get a winners choice string.

Quick Reply: Peep Sight Problems Or Not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.