Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

onida bows

Old 01-02-2005, 06:17 PM

Default onida bows

why are onidas so different. I would try one but they don't make one why. Why don't they change.

(diary king please answer)
Old 01-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: onida bows

(diary king please answer)
LOL Shoulda known Id answer if I seen Oneida.

I would try one but they don't make one why. Why don't they change.
What do you mean they dont make one? and What do you mean why don't they change?
Old 01-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

And, To anyone else who posts here. If you think they suck, please explain why, I have heard some pretty stupid comments made about Oneida. So if you post something negative, explain why.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:15 PM

I used to own one Dairy King and it shot well but after I nearly casturated myself trying to shoot a raccoon near the base of my tree I lost my confidance in it. I guess it was my own fault knowing the limbs moved like they do. But I felt I had enough things to think about when bowhunting and worrying about where those radical limbs were on close downward shots was more than I wanted.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to own one too many years ago it was called the oneida tomcat,,,dont know why i sold it i loved that bow. Back then i used to shoot without a realease, that bow was a great it was a very forgiving Bow IMO and had a very smooth valley when drawn. the only thing i didnt like about it was the limbs, you had to be carefull not to bust them off the platform of your stand, if attempting a straight downward shot.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:52 AM

I would try one but they don't make one why. Why don't they change.
That makes absolutetly no sense.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Musta been a little too much celebrating over the weekend, eh primetime?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:34 PM

I mean they dont make any short draw bows that i've seen. I didn't won't to offend you i know many people like to shoot them. But they never had a single cam or something diffrent that ive seen thats why i asked.
AND if you still think that i'm a F&*king A$$ then ok.
I'm sorry.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. Dude, no one thought you were an ass. Calm down.

Short draw? They make then all the way down to 25 inches or less, Im not sure how short they go. Im not sure why they don't make a single cam bow. I will ask some people who probly will though, if you really want to know. Im a 26 inch draw, and they go even shorter than that.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i boutght an onieda strike eagle back in the late 80's early 90's.... it was big big bucks (for a bow back then) and was "the hottest setup" going.

well, i show up at the sportsmans club i belong to on archery nite (only shot the bow 2x in the store) and when i pop open that case it's like i had the shroud of turin in there..."ooooh, ahhhhh , wooooow, thats sweet, awesome!!"

i proudly step up to the line, draw, settle in and touch the release.......

POW!
next thing i knew, i am holding a riser with shattered fiberglass hanging in a spaghetti string mess!

it seems, that when i pulled the bow back,and straightened out my form, i never took into account that those recurve stle limbs flex down so much...i mean REALLY flex... and when i hit the release they are coming back up fast (REALLY FAST) . oh did i mention that back then the "archery range" was a basement with low heating ductwork?

yep, regular sized compounds were no problem, but my long-ass strike eagle hit the top limb on the metal duct and came apart. violently! i was lucky no one got injured.

BUT, that was completely user error. my fault. after i bit the bullet and got it fixed , it was a sweet shooter, but heavy as hell. ah i guess they all were back then...

looking back, i know why half the crowd ran out the door when it happened. not because they were scared of shrapnel, but because they were laughing uncontrolably and didnt want me to see in my fit of rage. funny stuff.

Quick Reply: onida bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.