Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta luv trail cams...

Old 01-01-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Gotta luv trail cams...

*sigh*

well, well, well....you're gonna LOVE this one.

The property owner and myself put out two Stealthcams out TWO WEEKS AGO. He called me after the FIRST WEEK and said, "well, there's 12 pics on one and 7 pics on the other, I can account for 6 or 7 pics (us putting up the cams and checking them out for the first time)."

Cool, right? Cause we THINK we actually have some film of deer. Anyway, yesterday was my last day in the woods for the season, so I said, "hey man, why don't we go ahead and take these rolls of film to the one-hour photo during lunch." So, we did...we were all excited, like 5 year ols on Christmas Eve, we couldn't wait to open the little red packets of mystery...........

NO DEER! THE UNACCOUNTED-FOR PICS WERE ALL OF TRESPASSERS! IN A MATTER OF ONE WEEK, WE HAD TAKEN PICTURES OF 6 (SIX) DIFFERENT, UNIDENTIFIED INDIVIDUALS...TOTING EVERYTHING FROM DEER RIFLES WITH BLAZE ORANGE, TO 12 GUAGE SHOTGUNS....AND A SLUG GUN....TO NO BLAZE ORANGE. The property is clearly marked approx every fifty feet, with LARGE white signs warning against trespassing. Folks, this property consists of 12 acres in the front of my buddy's house, to 28 acres behind his house. The property is surrounded by other private property, and my friend knows all of his neighbors. Hell, the one camera, that took the majority of the pics, IS ONLY MAYBE 200YDS FROM HIS HOUSE. The guy has a wife, a mother-in-law, and 4 daughters living in his house! Without having to say it, I'm sure you all can tell, my buddy was LIVID. We were gonna call the game warden yesterday to report all six individuals, but we decided to relocate the cams, to see if we could catch anymore intruders on the last day of the season (today). Neither one of us are able to hit the woods today. The cameras will be checked on Sunday, and the DNR and PD will be called on Monday.

...unbelievable... [:'(][:@]
Old 01-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gotta luv trail cams...

No respect
Old 01-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, I can't believe that kind of tresspassing is going on within such a small property!!! You even mention that it's posted every 50 feet so there is absolutely NO excuse these idiots could have. Best of luck to you guys in catching these scum bags and PRESS charges, it's the only way they will ever learn! Good luck.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm surprised that with this many trespasser's that nobody has seen anyone in his wood's. I guess the trailcam's are paying for themselve's already ,he'll have to get on this and solve his problem with these guy's .First he'll have to find out where these guy's are entering his property and post the hell out of that location ,and maybe spend a little extra time in the wood's and maybe catch them first hand ,just maybe they're entering from his nieghbor's property and then he can speak with his nieghbor about it .

nubo
Old 01-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was VERY surprised that with that much "traffic" on his property that the Cams are still there?!? [:-]
Old 01-01-2005, 09:26 AM

Wow 6 in such a short time, that really bites.

I have got 1 pic of a tresspasser in the 2 months I have had my cam. The two things that upset me the most about it were:
- I do not hunt with a gun and opted not to bowhunt during the week long gun season to give the deer a place to avoid the numerous deer drives in my area. Every wood lot in this farm country seems to get driven over and over throughout the week. I was glad to see that I had pictures of deer feeding calmly on Friday of that week. But then as I progressed through the pics I had a trespasser the next day (Saturday, season ends on Sunday). I doubt if he was alone but don't know for sure.

- The more I thought about this single pic the more upset I got because the photo was taken at 11:00AM that day and it was the first time all week that both my wife and I were not home. Maybe it was coincidence but it seems ironic that the first time both cars are gone out of the driveway my trail cam gets a picture of someone tresspassing. They probably knew better than to do it when we are home because my property is only 28 acres and we would be able to hear them shoot a gun. I just wish I had a shot of his face so I could have figured out who it was or if I knew them.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:27 AM

I'm surprised that with this many trespasser's that nobody has seen anyone in his wood's.
Well, here's the deal...only 4 people are suppose to be hunting the property. The owner, myself, my wife, and another friend of the owner. My wife and I live an hour an 15 minutes away from the property, therefore...we can only go on weekends, and we have no Sunday hunting here. So, we are only in the these particular woods AT MOST 1 day a week. The owner works rough hours, and doesnt get much time to hunt before sunset, if at all. The owner's other buddy, only hunts when I'm not there for the weekend (usually). Most of the pics were taken in the early morning to late afternoon, when nobody was home, or in the woods. The hunting area is in a "gulley" also. You can't see down into the area from the house, so you wouldn't see anybody in the woods, even with orange on.

I was VERY surprised that with that much "traffic" on his property that the Cams are still there?!?
That's EXACTLY what I said! The one kid walked past BOTH cameras, AND NEVER KNEW THEY WERE THERE! Ya know, thinkin this was relatively private land, I did not go to the effort to hide the cameras. Geez, I mean....I put these cameras on trees no more than 5ft off the trails (old logging roads)...IN PLAIN VIEW! One of the guys, however, I think did see the camera a debated snatching it. We got three pics of him, all on the same camera. One at 0715hrs....HE EVEN GOT FLASHED...he had to know it was there. The other two were at 0810hrs and 0830hrs, pacing back and forth in front of the cam, but not looking directly at it.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

My boss is a DCO and you would not belive some of the story's he tells me about. There are so many SLOB HUNTERS[:@] it's scary[ He caught a SLOB in the special reg area in Bucks co which is shotgun only rifle season useing a 7mm mag . I could go on and on thats just one example. Like I said SCARY

Happy New Year

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Normal here in pa also. dozens of trespassers in a weekend
Old 01-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was VERY surprised that with that much "traffic" on his property that the Cams are still there?!?
my thoughts also. why didnt they just take the cams???

Quick Reply: Gotta luv trail cams...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.