Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta luv trail cams...

Old 01-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gotta luv trail cams...

Sounds like they paid for themselfs , maybe you can get these pepole off the property , and start seeing some deer .
Old 01-01-2005, 01:06 PM

maybe you can get these pepole off the property , and start seeing some deer .
It's funny you mention that, cause I was wondering why I was seeing SO MUCH sign...but NO deer. Does lead me to believe that these folks were on the property long before the cameras were put out. I'm still in shock over this...I mean, you can just look at the pics and tell they were all taken on different days (don't know for sure...cam is set on time, not date). One has snow on the ground, the others don't, one day was foggier than the others....ARGH!....it's not even my property, and I think I'm even more angry about this than my buddy (which would be hard to believe if you had talked to him yesterday.) The funny part is...I was considering putting up a few stands next year, but now I'm reconsidering until we get more info on the "perps". I'm not givin anybody a free treestand OR a free perch to take deer out of THAT I SCOUTED FOR. Can't wait to hear what the PD and DNR have to say about this.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:21 PM

Thats bizarre. I've had 1 trail cam out for a year and another one out for 2 seasons and never took a pic yet of a trespasser. Like the others said...good thing they didn't take your cams! That was my biggest fear the first time I set mine out.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:08 PM

I believe everyone who has trailcam pictures of poachers should post 'em for all to see just like they do in some states with criminals. We could even open up a new post your poacher pictures here forum. i don't happen to have pictures but Christmas evening I had my 11 year old son on one end of a clearcut and I was on the other about 300 yards away. About 3:30 he calls me on the radio saying that 2 guys had just pulled up about 40 yards from him on 4-wheelers. One had a deer stand on the back of it. This is a very restricted area ( behind an exclusive golf course ). The nerve of these guys to be not on the border but smack in the middle of this property at 3:30 in the evening not knowing if anyone was in the woods or not. My truck was in one place and my 4-wheeler in another in plain view. Some people are just so damn stupid. The bad thing is that I hate to have any kind of conflict in the woods with an armed man. You never know what these scumbags are capable of. Good luck and lets get that forum up and running, it would be kinda funny.