Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Still hope for us!

Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Default Still hope for us!

I got home tonight from working the 3-11 shift and found out my ex-brother-in-law(we are still good friends) scored on a very nice buck.......from looking, it should gross in the 150s. Its a 14 point buck(one point is over an inch). It has 6" bases and the inside spread is 19 5/8". I took some pics but it will be awhile before I get them developed. Hopefully he can get some more taken tomorrow from a borrowed digi-cam and if so I will post them.

Very few tracks were in the snow beforehand he said, so it seems he was there at the right place at the right time. I've got a strong feeling this is the same buck I had seen 4 different times in another area 2 miles south. According to him about 15 does and this one big buck came in the corner of the woods after running across an open wheat field. He thinks kids on ATV's playing in the snow south of the area ran the deer toward him. Wow! 20 yard shot and a double lung hit passthrough with a 3 blade, 100 grain Muzzy did the trick. The buck only ran 35 yards he said. So, just remember, until the last day of your bow season anything can happen at any time.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Still hope for us!

Yea ,congrates to him. going to warm up later this week.maybe I can get out
Old 12-29-2004, 07:08 AM

going to warm up later this week.maybe I can get out

Supposed to be in the 50's cardeer , so good chance for you to get out.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:16 AM

Yea i'm from jersy and its sopposed to get real warm.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's as though your BIL got himself a great buck ,congrat's to him and I'll be looking forward to seeing the pic's later.

nubo