Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thick gloves

Old 12-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default thick gloves

Now that its colder i put on some thicker gloves to stay warm.
but now its affecting my shot. Ithink its becausemy release is further back on my wrist.NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: thick gloves

I slice my gloves about an inch and a half in the palm. Then, I just put my release on and slide my glove over top of it and the jaws and trigger come out the slice.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I always slip my release hand glove off if a deer is approaching. It sucks this time of the year in IL but a deer I harvest cleanly is worth a cold hand.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm giving the arctic shield system gloves a try. I just picked up a set that I plan to use up north in a couple of weeks. The liner glove is very thin, and a mitten/glove goes over the liners, but can be folded back to shoot with just the liner gloves. I have a feeling they will work very well for bowhunting, however, I am skeptical they will keep my hands warm in 40 below.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me know how those gloves work out if good maybe i'll give them a try.
till then maybe i'll try sliting the palm of an old pair of gloves and see if that works.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I hate wearing gloves. I will do everything not to wear them. When forced to I will wear as light as possible on my bow hand and only a very thin one on my release hand. It gets very tough in cold temps and aq lot of deer are around. If there not I can keep my hands in my pocket and my bow rests in my side pocket on my pants. When they are there I have to grin a bear it. Keep the release on the bow but I do try to keep it tucked close to the body in an atempt to keep it warm.

I think my brother in law bought me a new pair for christmas that are suppose to be light a good. I guess I will see soon enogh.