Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews shooters

Old 12-23-2004, 08:31 AM

Default Mathews shooters

Would like to get some opinions from any Mathews shooters who have shot the Outback and the LX. Which one does everyone prefer and any reasons behind why? I am trying to decide between the 2. I know the Outback is shorter and I know the LX is faster but I am looking more for how smooth to shoot.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mathews shooters

If you want a mathews wait a couple more weeks and get the new switchback. It is a blend of them both. Well supposted to be anyways.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't saying anything about the LX but I've owned the Legacy and now I own a Outback and between those two I like the Outback hands down. To me the Outback shoots better as far as being more forgiving and consistant. My legacy seem to have a flier every so often. Like Buckeye said from what I understand the Switchback is supposed to be the best of both worlds. You may want to wait and shoot it.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:57 AM

I have Legacy also and I love it but my son can pull it back now so he is going to start using it. I would like the Switchback but I can't afford brand new so I am going to buy a one year old Outback or LX off ebay or Archery Talk. There are some really good deals and they should get better as the new model comes out.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:00 AM

I like the LX better than the Outback, I kept my LX hoping this year to get the Switchback if it is better than my LX. I thought I Outback was not as smooth as my LX, I like the speed I get with the LX, and I think the Switchback will be the perfect bow with the BH, and Smooth Draw, not to mention 1fps faster than the LX, being even quieter than Outback and LX.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can't go wrong either way but I personally think that what you will give up in speed with the Outback you'll grain in shootability.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:08 PM

I own an Outback and love it. Can't comment on the LX or switchback cuz I haven't shot them. I doubt you can go wrong with any of them though.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:03 PM

i shot both and i picked the LX. I thought it fit me better and balanced better in my hand. I think i'd wait and shoot the switchback though.

slayer
Old 12-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Most dealers now have or will be getting in the next few days a demo Switchback. I'd suggest you go to your local dealer and shoot all three. Then decide which is the best for you! Like some else said, the Switchback is suppose to be a mix of LX and Outback...best of both worlds. Smooth and fast.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

It doesn't matter as long as it is a Mathews they all shoot well...J ust ask ROB/PA ( hoyt shooter )lol..I'm adding to this post from yesterday,I had the pleasure of shooting the switchback today when I was picking up my son's new bow that I got him for Christmas( he's 8 ) and I just put money on one so I can pick it up after the holiday's..It's light,well balanced and extremely steady. We chronographed the speed at 310fps out of the box at a 29 inch draw....If you shoot it once you will buy it..I warn you if you go and shoot it leave all credit cards at home lol....

Quick Reply: Mathews shooters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.