Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've got the itch already

Old 12-20-2004, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default I've got the itch already

For years I've shot an cheep bear bow. I was ok with it but it was not set up corectly for me. This past spring I purchased a Darton Storm. Set up properly for me with all the goodies. I shot great with it. 2 inch groops at 30 yards was common. A 8 point and a doe this october. Now I am allready looking foward to getting a Darton Avalanch Extreme this comming spring. IT is Dartons top of the line bow. For $600 comes just the bow. It has a machined riser about a inch longer brace hight and a more parralel limb design that I realy like. Please compare the specs at dartonarchery.com/ Has anybody shot the Avalanch? Darton seems to make good bows. But before I tie up $1000 in a bow I would like others opinions. I know some will say go with Bowtech,hoyt,Mathews. I know I don't hear to much about Darton. I know I will realy enjoy shooting the best that is out there for I love to shoot and set up a bow. Any opinions on this bow would help. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I've got the itch already

I have not shot the Avalanche either, but am considering it in my choice for my next bow. A local shop has one for $549.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've got the itch already

I really like the darton line.The one thing that I like the most about darton is the grip,It just feels right in my hand.I shot the darton avalanche last year and loved it,it was my 2nd choice ,beaten by the patriot.The extreme C/P/S cams worked flawlessly and the bow was super smooth with no accesories except a rest.Over all if I was buying a darton tomorrow it would definately be the avalanche