Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Silly question.....

Old 12-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Silly question.....

I'm going to call the place tomorrow to find out but figured i might get a few replies before i do. A friend and i were talking about Amtrack and we got onto the subject of what if i were to move there (in Texas) but had to take the train, whether or not i'd be able to take my bow with me. So if that were to happen, would i have to call and let them know to get a special package tag or something? Okay two questions, has anybody ever done this? Thank you in advance.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Silly question.....

As long as your bow is in a case I doubt you'd have to register it ,but if your not sure I'd call and ask them these question's just to be on the safe side .

nubo
Old 12-20-2004, 07:26 AM

Excelents question. Definately call ahead! It would suck to miss the train because of travel restriction on a weapon such as a bow.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:45 AM

I would call for sure, I think trains have gotten a bit more restrictive as well. It's going to take a while to get there, you do know that right? And it won't be much cheaper than flying, if any. I've done both, I would rather fly myself.

You can't take a bow on a plane if it's in a case and stored with your luggage?

Paul
Old 12-20-2004, 09:48 AM

I'm a bit confused on what you are asking actually. Are you wondering if you take the bow as luggage, and it will get there the same you do, or do you want to physically carry it on the train with you so it is with you at all times?

I highly doubt that will happen, I am pretty sure you will have to check it as luggage and it will be in a different car somewhere. And I'd get a really good case and lock it.

Paul