Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Noisy Camo ?

Old 12-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Noisy Camo ?

Has anyone noticed that most of the camo you buy at walmart, mostly bibs and jackets are made out of a material that when you rub it against the bark of your tree, it sounds like pulling velcro apart? If anyone else has experienced this, is their anything you can do to silence this stuff or just deal with it the best way you can? I like the camo, it's warm and durable, but not the noise. Thanks and aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Noisy Camo ?

The only thing I can recomend is to wear something over it .
Or just buy cammo that's quiet in the first place
Old 12-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

It was a gift, so I didn't want to say anything. I have washed it several times, but it doesn't help. Like I said before I like the stuff, just not the way the material grabs the bark. Bhunter32.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:21 PM

I bought a 6 in 1 jacket and some bibs at W.M. after last hunting season and know exactly what you are talking about. needless to say I no longer own either. I went ahead and broke down and paid for what I wanted. Wal-Mart gets these big companies to make stuff to fit in a certain price range so they must cost cut to do this. Obviously in this case it was cut by using a cheaper material. Go ahead and break down and get some good flrrce or something of that nature. I know you don't want saving some money cost you that big buck.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:15 PM

this could be a problem, especially when you get deer in range. my 4 in 1 that i bought from cabelas is made of silent seude-its quiet and fairly waterproof. picks up a ton of burrs though. i woudl just wear something over your noisy stuff. buy a long sleeved regular shirt thats a size or two too big and put it over.

slayre
Old 12-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Once temps drop down to single digits and lower, and there is snow covering the ground with no wind, multiply those little nices by 1000! I have clothing I wear all early season that works great, but once the temps get really low it gets ridgid and noisy! It's hard to find something completely quite and very warm. Wool is one option.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigLouie

Once temps drop down to single digits and lower, and there is snow covering the ground with no wind, multiply those little nices by 1000! I have clothing I wear all early season that works great, but once the temps get really low it gets ridgid and noisy! It's hard to find something completely quite and very warm. Wool is one option.
Fleece is another. I have a few fleece items that stay quiet in sub-zero temps that I couldn't live without.

SaddleCloth is also a quiet material that I like to hunt in, and it resists burrs which is nice. However, if there's any moisture in it and the temps get down near that 0* mark, it does get a little noisey when it freezes. Still, it's not too terribly bad though.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fleece man. Fleece is the warmest and quietiest material that i have found. Like mentioned above just wear something over it.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:23 PM

I own those types of camo from W.M. an i have never had any problem with them makin noise. but i only have the coat an i just have these thin pants that i put over a pair of Carhart Bibs. An i have'nt had one deer hear me move even when there is no wind an the woods are quiet.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:58 AM

I dropped a ton of $$ on a Cabela's MTO50 Whitetail Extreme Parka this season and it has the same noisy velcro effect on tree bark. Very loud!! I purchased a 2' x 3' piece of camo material (nylon) at the fabric store and am going to sew on 2 small elastic straps that will allow me to cover the area of the tree that i'll be leaning against while in the stand. That way I'll be leaning against the cloth and not directly touching the bark. Maybe I should have went to WM and saved some $$. [:@]

Quick Reply: Noisy Camo ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.