Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a new release

Old 12-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for a new release

I never use a release with a felcro strap. They always make noise when you pull them back. It,s leather for me.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:58 PM

i shot a Cobra release witha velcro strap for a year and a half and decided last summer to trysomething else. i looked at the Scott releases, Tru Fire, and TRU Ball before picking the TRU Ball Cyclone(ithink). i love it. buckle strap, smooth release, and i have the trigger adjusted perfectly.

slayer
Old 12-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scott also has a leather strap with a buckle instead of the felcro if you want to try something else.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:39 AM

Check out the Carter 2 shot. Best I have tried.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:10 AM

I really like my TRU Ball Pro Diamond. I decided to get away from the wrist strap and it is really nice. It has the same head as their wrist strap Stinger, which was my previous release. The head pivots 360* so I can get my wrist in a comfortable position with thumb on bottom.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting a Tru Fire Pro Grip Classic Caliper for years and I love it. It has a nice fat grip that fits in the palm of my hand really well. I used to shoot an HHA zero gap, and still have it as my backup release but it just feels weird when I shoot with a small release now.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really like my TRU Ball Pro Diamond.
That is also my choice for hunting. I also use a Tru-Ball King George.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:56 AM

I've shot a few over the years.

I had a fletchunter I shot for about 7-8 years and really liked it. It has always been relyable but I couldn't leave well enough alone.
I bought a couple of cobra and found these were more consistant then the fletchunter but they just felt cheap to me. Now I had a delima. The cobra (although cheap feeling to me) shot more consistantly then the fletchunter and when I switched back to the fletchunter I developed a severe case of TP and could not help but to punch the trigger. I was completely mssing my target at 20 yards[:@][:'(].
So back in the market I went. I bought two diffrent Truball releases and was more then happy with both. I gave the tornado glove to my father and kept the hunter2 glove for myself. Thr truball (although a bit pricy) is sliky smooth, and solidly constructed. It has adjustable tension release so you can dial in the desired sensativity.
Of the three diffrent brands I've shot the Truball wins hands down. It's truly an amazing release.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Scott Mongoose!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I switched from a Tru Fire Ex-calliper II (or something like that) to a Scott Mongoose. Love the Scott. Got it on Ebay cheap, but it had the velcro strap. I bought a buckle strap for it before I ever tried it. My old release had velcro, it stuck to everything, head nets, gloves, seat on tree stand, etc. I think the buckle is much quieter.

Quick Reply: Looking for a new release

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.