Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost buck found

Old 12-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost buck found

Was your Dad in a treestand when he shot or on the ground?

How far from impact did this buck travel?

I'm glad at least you guys recovered something out of such disappointment.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:38 PM

Nice buck. At least you have closure.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry you weren't able to recover him before the coyotes got him, but at least you've got some closure.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

Was your Dad in a treestand when he shot or on the ground?

How far from impact did this buck travel?

I'm glad at least you guys recovered something out of such disappointment.
The shot was from a treestand, immediately afterward the buck ran due East through a cut corn field and into the woods about 200 yards later. Unfortunately it was the day after a snowstorm and things were melting fast. We had blood up to the edge of the woodline, then luckily we found another spot about 100 yards later, headed South, and that was it. The buck was eventually found about 500 yards in the exact opposite direction of where he ran after being shot. As they often do, he made a giant circle before finally expiring.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a bummer, thats a nice buck!
Old 12-16-2004, 05:11 PM

i try a eruo mount on it and see how it turn's out .it looked like a nice deer to. my friend shot a doe yesterday and he found blood and tracked it for a wile and then gave up he didn't even try to use the farm dog to track the deers blood trail . kinda BS too me that dog dose great finding deer if there is blood his dad didn't ever not find a deer even when the blood trail was small or nothing .
Old 12-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Great buck!! Sorry to see the yotes got to him first!!!Your right, not to many people would have told you they found him and kept the rack for themselves..Glad to see the folks that called you were honest outdoorsman that respected you as a person and a hunter...Again great buck...
Old 12-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow! you've got some seriously hungry yote's there ,Well I'm glad to hear that you found your dad's buck and as other's have said maybe you never got the meat but now you can at least have some closure to this whole ordeal.Congrat's to your dad .

nubo
Old 12-17-2004, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel for your father.... I also did my part to feed the population of coyotes in my hunting area this year[:@] They made a big meal out of my buck also.
It's not a good feeling... guess I'll have to try more Coyote Bowhunting in the late season now Its Payback Time[8D]
Old 12-17-2004, 10:17 AM

At least he gets the closure. I'd be heart broken had I lost him. He's a dandy.

On the bright side, at least he didn't go completely to waste. I'm sure the critters ate well for a good while.

Quick Reply: Lost buck found

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.