Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is the pits

Old 12-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: This is the pits

28 bids to pay $6000.00+ dollars to shoot a deer in a 10x10 foot fence. Plus they got the nerve to call it a "hunt".[:'(][][:@]
Old 12-16-2004, 08:05 PM

Hopefully that is fake, a joke
Unfortunately it isn't. I saw this particular place advertise a few months ago too.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

He also has hunts online for a 120 class and a 150 class all have bids upwards of 3 grand.

Ya know if I wasn't an upstanding fella I would post the winners e-mail addresses and we could load them up with our thoughts. But alas i won't.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:38 PM

you know this is like everything else people think you have to have the biggest the fastest and the best but it all comes down to if your happy with yourself and the person who buys this is not. hope he can find what he needs but it's not on ebay
Old 12-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am I the only person who feels bad for the deer,I mean he has a real sporting chance.Imagine being raised in a "cage" and some rich guy comes by with a high bid and shoots you,enters you in the record books .gets high praise for doing the once in a life time thing,never tells anyone the truth how he really obtained it and gets all kinds of congratulations for being the ultimate hunter.Call it jealousy if you will but that is not sporting in my book.
If a guy got a deer of this calibre in the wild with any means of hunting equipment,then ya,he deserves the respect but its people like THE BIDDER that dosn't

This auction is for a GUARANTEED Whitetail 220 class Buck Guided deer hunt.
Now correct me if im wrong,but I dont think" ANY HUNT" is guaranteed
Old 12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

Those kind of activities DO give hunting a bit of a black eye....BUT... I guess I would rather the rich executive types getting their deer that way instead of just BUYING mounts to put on their office walls. There was a documentary on the discovery channel last year about where a lot of those mounts came from......POACHING! I guess I'll leave up to you guys....which would you rather see?? I'd rather see them get them on the so called "hunts" instead of there being a market for pukes to go out and poach them, and it could be a deer one of us was after. Just some food for thought....I still hate the idea of it though![:@]
Old 12-17-2004, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now it's up to $7,100[:'(]
Old 12-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Just sitting here at my desk, shaking my head at this crap!

I think I saw that pen from Ted Nugent's "Spirit of the Wild"...looks familiar.

There are just some people in this world that need their a$$ kicked...the owner of this "business" and the person who wins this auction I believe fall into that category.

Terrible...just terrible
Old 12-17-2004, 07:04 AM

The idea of buying a deer for meat doesn't bother me in the least bit. The idea of shooting animals in a pen bothers me, but to each their own.

The fact this deer farmer is advertising this as a "hunt" kills me. The fact he attachs a "score" which all the hungry horn hunters who have cash in their pocket can salivate over, disgusts me.

I would think Pope & Young or Boone & Crockett would be outraged that this loser is using their scoring system to drive up price. Not a guy here who checked out that link didn't know "exactly" what he was implying by stating a 220 deer.

Take a good look at that deer, he'll probably end up on this board or in some book ......
Old 12-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I'll leave up to you guys....which would you rather see?
How about neither?

Just because someone has Mongo on the wall it doesn't mean they can hunt.

Quick Reply: This is the pits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.